Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Electric KTM Freeride

Started by Lonesome Dave, October 04, 2017, 10:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

loingrader

No foot brake is weird.  Hand brakes would be opposite those of a bicycle.  Id love to ride one for a weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

sandhillrider

He's doubled list price but would be fun for a day.

greatbuffalo

I wonder what the range is. You say you want to ride one for the day but most of your day may be spent waiting for a charge.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

greatbuffalo

From the website:

Absolute freedom! Whether on the road or in offroad terrain, everything is possible on the FREERIDE E-XC. No exhaust emissions and no noise pollution, plus a spontaneous, surprisingly powerful, state-of-the-art electric drive. Fun is guaranteed for novices and professionals alike, thanks to the various adjustable ride modes from economy to standard to advanced. The pioneering electric vehicle concept for the offroad world has been brought to production readiness by KTM over a four-year development period, to make a contribution towards better environmental compatibility. The electric motor with an output of up to 16 kW (22 hp) and torque of 42 Nm is just as sporty as other KTM bikes. The flat KTM PowerPack is completely recharged in only 80 minutes (80% in 50 minutes), so nothing stands in the way of up to an hour of riding fun, depending on terrain and riding style.

So 15 grand for a bike you can only ride less than half the time. Seems like a bargain to me.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Abercrombie

Unless I wanted to ride in my back yard and not bother the neighbors with noise, I just don't see any benefit to this bike.  Evidently neither does the owner if they're selling it already.