News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

visor fogging issue with street helmet.

Started by locopny, December 18, 2017, 11:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

Well I have noticed that once the temp drops to around 25-30* that I get substantial fogging on my visor (and eyeglasses too). Should I be looking at a breath box to stop that on my helmet? Its a Scorpion Airline 410R IIRC. I'm leary of applying anything to the visor itself, but if that is what I need to do then so be it. I enjoy riding as long as there is no ice and so far its the middle of Dec and I will be riding for the next couple days for sure. I rode the last bit home with the visor up to combat the issue, but that isn't a long term fix. At least its cold enough to not have bugs, but it does get the face a bit chilled riding open like that.
Smith No Fog Cloth....? Is this more than just a microfiber cloth, or does it treat the lens?
Rain X Anti Fog....? Safe for visors? Got mixed replies and don't have any experience with it at all.

From what I can tell, my helmet is prone to fogging even with the vents open...all 3 of them.
I just want to fix the issue best I can while I still have decent weather to ride. Just hate to put it away when I just got it in June.

May be all academic this year as its suppose to drop like a rock in temps and precip here in the next days...
Is there another solution I'm missing?.....aside from quit riding in the cold.

Thanks in advance for advice.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Abercrombie

My last two Shoei helmets ( RF1200 and Hornet X2) came with a pinlock visor.  I've found them to be much more dependable then spray/wipe on treatments.  I'm not sure if Scorpion makes a pinlock shield for that helmet but if you want to ride in the cooler weather I think you'll find that works best.

Kevin

Experience from my racing days liquid downy fabric softener works very well.  The draw back is it requires a bit of elbow grease to polish out, repels dust too.   
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Hank

I've had a couple Scorpion snowmobile helmets and they make heated visors for those.     Not sure about your model, but that's a sure way to keep the fog off too.