News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Forrest Fenn treasure

Started by Fletch, January 04, 2018, 01:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

I have discussed this with a few of you, but I thought I would share in case there are those, like myself, that had never heard of this. to me it just screams for a trip this summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenn_treasure

https://www.npr.org/2016/03/13/469852983/seeking-adventure-and-gold-crack-this-poem-and-head-outdoors

https://youtu.be/j4ahNpQLgdk
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Hmm, this might be a little harder than finding bear cave. But if we found it... the $10 mil would throw one hell of a DDSR party.

Fletch

haha  that's what I'm thinking!!

greatbuffalo

There are people that treat this quest as a very involved part time job. One summer would certainly get me closer to then them.

But it would be a fun ride.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

KLC63

Quote from: greatbuffalo on January 04, 2018, 10:05:29 PM
There are people that treat this quest as a very involved part time job. One summer would certainly get me closer to then them.

But it would be a fun ride.
What size bike,1200, 500 or 300? Sounds like a fun ride.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Fletch

I'm thinking big bike he drove almost to it in a car I believe?

greatbuffalo

locopny

having never heard of this, I googled it and did some very minor reading.  Sounds like an interesting (and potential profitable) excuse to get out exploring. 
I guess he made 2 trips to the location where its hidden according the article I read. So yeah I'd imagine he got "close" by car.

Even not finding it seems like a blast really.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

KLC63

Quote from: locopny on January 05, 2018, 10:56:28 PM
having never heard of this, I googled it and did some very minor reading.  Sounds like an interesting (and potential profitable) excuse to get out exploring. 
I guess he made 2 trips to the location where its hidden according the article I read. So yeah I'd imagine he got "close" by car.

Even not finding it seems like a blast really.
Perfect, let me know, sounds fun. I need to hook up with Dan more on his big bike adventures anyway. Keep me posted please

Kevin

I had not heard or seen this before!  It would be a fun outing if nothing else....
Look ahead and you'll shred...

greatbuffalo

See if you can find Travel Channel's Expedition Unknown's episode Finding Fenn's Fortune.

It gives a great explanation on the subject and the show is pretty fun if you haven't watched it before. The running subject of transportation is always interesting. And its just plain absurd for absurdity's sake.

Fletch

from one of the websites:

Forrest has mentioned that it took him two trips from his car to place the treasure.  And, he accomplished it in an afternoon.

So, you are looking for a location where the nearest parking (or road) is roughly 30 to 45 minutes away (30 to 45 minutes for an 80 year old man).  This will presumably be a trail-head or fishing spot.

So I don't think one needs to risk their life looking for it??

KLC63

Quote from: Fletch on January 30, 2018, 09:05:17 AM
from one of the websites:

Forrest has mentioned that it took him two trips from his car to place the treasure.  And, he accomplished it in an afternoon.

So, you are looking for a location where the nearest parking (or road) is roughly 30 to 45 minutes away (30 to 45 minutes for an 80 year old man).  This will presumably be a trail-head or fishing spot.

So I don't think one needs to risk their life looking for it??
That's what I thought. Just thought you might find it interesting.

Fletch

it's an interesting story all around. I plan on doing a little more research over the winter and then look at a trip this summer. Any info you can dig up is appreciated.