News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

SKI Report

Started by Lonesome Dave, January 07, 2018, 08:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

This year a few of us here bought season passes to Terry Peak.  Lately every year we get a group together for a day or two of skiing fun.  This year for the first time, I got a season pass also and now have all my gear again.  So today I went Skiing!  I didn't get there until after 1 pm or so, but hey I didn't care, I have a pass!  On the way home I got to thinking about the last few years and people meeting to go skiing.  Basically, the east river guys coming out.  So I decided we should have a "Skiing Thread" to plan day trips and to report on conditions for anyone that might be going or coming out to the hills.  Oh yeah, and for Danny Boy and I to talk trash about racing each other.

So here it is.  Weather was great, bright and sunny.  Only skied a couple of hours, but managed to make about 10 runs.  Snow conditions were at best, okay.  Only about 4 runs were open and two chair lifts.  Kussy was my first run.  About 1/2 way, I got a phone call.  That at least let me rest.  Kussy was kind of icy.  Not bad, but just to the point you couldn't trust the snow as you turned.  Left side of Kussy was showing signs of weeds poking up.  The Steward side of the mountain was much better.  I stayed there most of the time.  Only running Kussy on the first and last run.

So there you have it, my first ski report.  So any of you skier types out there looking for company to ski with, post it here.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Thanks Dave.

Actually I have been thinking about taking a trip out soon. I thought about it this weekend but I knew the terrain was limited so I decided to wait a bit. I may however decide to come out this coming weekend but will know till probably Thursday.
We shall see.

Oh, by the way, another 20 visits to the hill you may begin trusting the snow are you turn. That an East cost skill you may know nothing about.  :evil
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I was up there yesterday, only did a few runs and as you said it was OK at best. hopefully we will get some snow before too long.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

Breakfast tomorrow morning, but I was thinking about going skiing afterwards.

Any takers.....................Gerry?  It will be an old man day, ski a couple of hours and be tired!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

wish i could join you   :(

greatbuffalo

Okay
Tentatively I am planning to come out this friday evening and ski on Saturday morning. I am hoping Paul and Nathaniel will join me, but we shall see.

I will probably be good for only 4 hours or so, so I am thinking about 10 am to start.

Anyone else interested?  May even be able to be talked into a few hours on Sunday.

Fletch

I'm in!! I was up on Sunday morning and it was better than expected. by the looks of the forecast we will have your east coast conditions ;)

greatbuffalo

I am alright with that. Make me feel at home.

Fletch

For those interested this: https://youtu.be/t5J1cJwXlO0 is playing at Santana's bar and grill in the deadwood mt. Grand at 8:00 tonight, no cover. 

greatbuffalo

Wish I was out there before then   :(

Will try to make it. Thanks

greatbuffalo

So its a go
we are leaving when Paul gets out of work
On the hill sometime a bit before 10 am

Fletch

I plan on catching the first chair.  See you there. 

greatbuffalo

Quote from: Fletch on January 26, 2018, 12:46:45 PM
I plan on catching the first chair.  See you there.
I think I will join you. Is that 9:00?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

greatbuffalo

I want to know where Dave is in this conversation. I thought maybe I would let him beat me in race.

Talk is cheap buddy.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fletch

yep 9:00 I'll be at the Kussy lift. Dave called and said he things he can make it?