Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

I've been busy waxing my skis!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Waxing on or waxing off? :evil

Lonesome Dave

Actually a great skiing day.  Pretty windy (and cold) on the Stewart side, but the rest wasn't bad.  Long as you didn't hang out at the top.  Snow was not bad at all, but there still thin spots peaking out.  Not all the chairs are running yet, but more of the mountain is open.

Dan, Pauly, Joel, Mike and I were all there.  Skied a lot today, but by 2 or so I told Dan & Mike my legs were burning.  That was all they needed to hear......Mike said,   "me too, I'm thirsty!"  Dan said, "I'm tired too, lets do one last burner!"   We pointed our skis down hill and off we went.  Dan made about four turns down the whole mountain and Mike did about six.  They were doing the Giant Slalom or Downhill race thing.  I would have stayed with them, but I had to stop and apologize to several different groups that they smoked through the middle of.  I explained that Dan was new to skiing and completely out of control and Mike was just trying to help him.  They were all still mad.  So then I just told the truth, "they're tired and very thirsty."  "No Problem, we understand!"  One guy even volunteered to give Dan a few pointers.  I finally got to the bar after I "burned the hill."  I still don't know what the means.  :-\  They already had beer and were flirting with a couple of snow bunnies!  And was the end of skiing for the day!

One more thing, stay tuned on a different thread.  We hatched a new plan for the upcoming summer Rally.  It sounds like a lot of fun, confusing, a lot of work, and need more riding volunteers......    We're thinking about having a Black Hills Dakar kinda of race!  You know, road books, speed limits, maybe GPS, photos of certain sites to keep it real and around a 150 miles.........stay tuned.  LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

Oh yea....  kinda like the race idea!

Watched an enduro "running/hiking" race once where the participants had to rip a spacific page out of a book placed at a remote check in station to verify that they were there - thought that was cheap and ingenious!

Dave, glad you made amends with the other skiers for Mike and Dan!

greatbuffalo

Yup, That about sums up the day.
the funny thing was when I mentioned doing a last burner, we got down to the bottom and Dave says, "I didn't know what you meant by a burner."  Mike wondered if he was disappointed that we didn't stop half way down and spark up some weed.

Fletch

It was a great day and the snow was better than expected. Thanks to all for the good times and Thanks for the Pizza Dan. hope to do it a gain before spring, hopefully we will get some snow in February.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Yup Snow would be nice.

greatbuffalo

Planning on being in Lead next weekend Feb 16, 17, 18 to do a bit of skiing.

Thinking of spending some time with Paul and Joel and work on some technique in the morning and then do some ripping late morning and into the afternoon.

Pizza and Beer at Shivers to follow.

Who's in?

Fletch

I'm in.  I assume you mean February?

greatbuffalo

Yes, Sorry, I have two things on my mind. I will edit

Fletch

Hopefully they will open the red chair. 

Fletch

went up yesterday and it was really good. looks like a chance of snow today and Thursday and then 40 for Saturday so should be perfect!!

greatbuffalo

Cool. Looking forward to it

Fletch

was up yesterday and the conditions are good, there is snow in the forecast today so they should get even better.  best news is the red chair is now open!! see ya Saturday!