Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring Rally 2018

Started by greatbuffalo, January 21, 2018, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Cjones

I'm super looking forward to this.  It's been a long time for me but I recall having some great folks to ride with.  Cant wait to attend!
06 KTM 250 XC-W
99 Vmax
89 Venture Royale

Hank

I'll get the official sign up post going this week.

locopny

anyone bringing along a non dual sport?  I think it would be hard not to ride a road with curves being that close.
@Abercrombie?

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

paulster

Quote from: locopny on March 19, 2018, 06:29:28 PM
anyone bringing along a non dual sport?  I think it would be hard not to ride a road with curves being that close.
@Abercrombie?
I've taken both bikes a few times to the hills, it's a good way to go!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Abercrombie

Quote from: locopny on March 19, 2018, 06:29:28 PM
@Abercrombie?

I might be easily persuaded into going a day early to tear up some blacktop with the 999 or Hypermotard.

locopny

Quote from: Abercrombie on March 24, 2018, 12:49:01 AM
I might be easily persuaded into going a day early to tear up some blacktop with the 999 or Hypermotard.

This year I'm not waiting on my delivery and I don't plan to step in any badger holes while haying.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Cjones

I just pulled my VMX out of hibernation, I'm down for some street riding if anyone comes up early.
06 KTM 250 XC-W
99 Vmax
89 Venture Royale

Terrarist650

i did have to ride the husky at sturgis last year after my rear shock on my VTX broke on the way out... not a bad idear to bring 2! showed those harleys how to rip

Hank

I think a tarmac day sounds fun too.   I could drag the VFR out.

greatbuffalo

I might be talked into bringing the Tenere.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

I already posted this in the ORA thread, but thought I'd post here too.  Just a possible idea.   

ORA has a Poker Run coming up on June 10th at Nemo Guest Ranch.  I attended one of these last year with family and grand kids.  They have lots of prizes at the end (3 pm).  Grand daughter won a new helmet that she is still very proud of.  It had good trails and is a mix of ATVs and dirt bikes.

I posted this to get it "out there."  But, it is also the last day of our spring rally this year.  Sunday's are usually pretty quiet at the rally, so maybe this might be fun for some of us to attend who don't leave early for home.  And, to help support ORA.  ORA's schedule for this event works around the lazy attitude we have on Sunday morning.  In other words, this might work for us.  I would have posted their flyer, but I don't know how.  So see below, please.

For details, visit:
OffRoadRiders.org or
our Facebook Page
Older - Wiser - Faster !

locopny

where might that more detail be located?  I tried to checkout FB but I'm so out of touch with that I may have missed it.  Only poker run on the site of theirs is from 2014. 

Not sure I'd be up for staying another day due to a long drive home, but I am towing a rolling hotel so my arm might be twisted...
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

tannerc

Quote from: Hank on March 29, 2018, 07:23:59 AM
I think a tarmac day sounds fun too.   I could drag the VFR out.

So would this be like a Sunday ride before loading up and heading out or a full day ride?
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

locopny

I'm going to be there a day early. Will likely ride tarmac before, but might have my arm twisted to ride some on Sunday also.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L