News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring Rally 2018

Started by greatbuffalo, January 21, 2018, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I actually put my VFR on the chopping block (and decided to keep my 1190).  But, that said, I'm sorta asking a premium for it and it might not sell.
So, to put it succinctly, I have no idea when I'll be out or what I'll bring, but riding some twisties sounds real fun!

DoubleCheese

If anyone is thinking about riding there, there is a group of three of us leaving from the Fargo area and taking gavel/backroads there. We did this in 2015 I think it was. It's a great time. We will have an xr600, klr, and a drz making the trip.

Fletch

If there is a group riding twisties I'd be up for that.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

Quote from: DoubleCheese on May 11, 2018, 08:06:14 AM
If anyone is thinking about riding there, there is a group of three of us leaving from the Fargo area and taking gavel/backroads there. We did this in 2015 I think it was. It's a great time. We will have an xr600, klr, and a drz making the trip.
Now that is cool shit right there.  A former coworker and I will also be leaving from the Fargo area but we will have the bikes loaded up on a trailer. 

Last fall I rode the DakAL with a guy that was probability 70 or close to it.  He rode his CRF250L from the Twin Cities area, rode the 900+ mile DakAL, and then back to the cities.  I felt a little inadequate showing up with my XR650L in the back of the pickup.  :-[

Fletch

Keep me posted.  I may have a pavement ripped by then.   

locopny

Quote from: DoubleCheese on May 11, 2018, 08:06:14 AM
While a cool idea...I wont be up for it this time as I'm RVing it.  being that you are from around Fargo....maybe another trip later would work to join you in that style of ride...?  I'm only 2+ hours from Fargo...and looking to ride some more this year.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

After all the talk of riding asphalt I am thinking of leading an asphalt ride of some of my favorite roads in the hills. I think 6 or 8 bikes is a good number for such a ride. If there are much more than that we could split up into 2 groups if someone else would like to lead one. There are also those that may not like my loop and want to do there own thing. Whatever works.

I was thinking Friday or Saturday for this. Let me know of your interest in such a ride and if you have a road you really want to ride.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

I believe the asphalt loop may be better than ever. rumor has it the county paved Rochford to Deerfield?  I'll check it out this weekend to be sure.

greatbuffalo

That is what I heard as well, but  search tuned up that only half will done at first and the work will not begin till next year.

http://www.blackhillsfox.com/content/news/South-Rochford-Road-will-be-paved-429700643.html
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Ya that's what I thought too.  But one of the Harley guys at Johnson sidIng last weekend said it was done?  I'll check for sure in the next couple days. 

Hank

I think an asphalt ride on Friday might work for me.   My tentative plan for now is to ride my 1190 out early Thursday and just stay through Friday night. 

There is a poker ride for my uncle here on Sunday (he has cancer) that I want to participate in.

Robmicgrn

Quote from: Fletch on May 19, 2018, 04:19:28 PM
Ya that's what I thought too.  But one of the Harley guys at Johnson sidIng last weekend said it was done?  I'll check for sure in the next couple days.

Its still dirt. I was thru there on Saturday................. And that being said, it was in real rough shape.......
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Robmicgrn on May 21, 2018, 04:32:04 PM
Its still dirt. I was thru there on Saturday................. And that being said, it was in real rough shape.......

Worse than the streets in Rapid City?

Fletch

Let's not get carried away Jim.....

Chaz925

Just a heads up from the 3 guys riding in from the Fargo area.  We plan on leaving Saturday morning and running straight through to get there Saturday night.  Unpaved other than gas stops, with a little luck we'll see you all around the fire that evening.   By the way, we are the same group that had the klr lose its drain plug a couple of years ago.  Thanks again for the plug and oil.  Good luck to the others riding in.