News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring trip, First week of April

Started by greatbuffalo, February 09, 2018, 04:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Hey all, I am wondering if anyone is interested in a trip in April or May.

I have no preconceived ideas at this moment but looking for ideas and wondering if there might be interest.

My initial idea is head South and / or West.

Moab is an idea. Ozarks is another option. Open to other ideas

This could be big bike friendly or small bikes or even both.   

My thought is to trailer out to where ever and ride out. I am thinking camping, sleeping in my truck/van/tent/trailer.

Just getting a bit of cabin fever and want to start a discussion.

Ideas?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

KLC63

I'm thinking big bike and tour around a bit. But if everybody wants to do something else, I'm still in. Good job Buff, get it going.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

greatbuffalo

Okay, I just looked at my calendar and have found a range of dates.
I have put in for PTO for March 30 - April 11th

I am up to what ever for that period of time. I will field some ideas and while those are or are not rolling in, I will come up with a tentative plan.

The big bike thing sounds like it would be fun, there many National Parks sites to be seen as well as some amazing canyon rides.

I may bring a couple of bikes to make things interesting and change up the routine a bit.

Stay tuned for more info and please, feel free to add to the discussion

greatbuffalo

If you are wondering as I did what the temps should be like that week, here is the long range forecast. Take it for what it is.

SUN 4/1  69° /39° Mostly sunny
MON 4/2 73° /47° Mostly cloudy
TUE 4/3 77° /47° Partly sunny
WED 4/4 73° /39° Cloudy with a little rain
THU 4/5 67° /36° Cloudy with a little rain
FRI 4/6 66° /36° Clouds and a few showers
SAT 4/7 67° /40° Partial sunshine

Wacked

I'm up for a trip in April!   Was kind of thinking of Moab around tax day.  There's been some talk about some family wanting to Moab this year so don't know exactly if it will be a 2-wheeled trip or a 4-wheeled event

Wacked

sprout

I would be in for anything!  Cabin fever is rampant here! Don't know how much longer I can take it. :)

sleddog

Kevin

I am going here middle of April.  Went last year for the first time and had a blast...

https://www.facebook.com/Nevada200Trailride/

Look ahead and you'll shred...

Bogus Jim

Has anyone been to the Barber Motorsports museum? Worth seeing?

http://www.barbermuseum.org

I've been thinking about doing Ozarks -> Barber Museum -> Texas Hill country -> Big Bend. That's a lotto pavement though, from R.C.

sleddog

I have a couple friends that go every year. They both say they wouldn't miss it.
Texas Hill Country is awesome too.

sprout

locopny

Weather is simply awesome right now in Utah.  Wish I had my bike here now.
Will need Ride Reports from this.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

This guy posted on the other Moab thread and had a good idea. One that I have been considering:

Quote from: bikerbuddy on February 15, 2018, 08:52:22 AM
If you guys  want  a little more technical  single track northeast of green river  the chimney rock area is outstanding. We gave up on moab and spend our whole week in green river. And if you want really technical  your about 45 minutes from the 5 miles of hell up in the San Rafael  swell.
Way less crowded

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Wacked

Yea, it's a pretty sweet region.   Did a Green River run 5 years ago - sweet country!  I think once you get out of Moab by 20 miles, the trails really open up

Hank

I'd be interested in a "big bike" trip this year too.   Please keep us posted.    First week of April is coming up fast!