News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2018 Beta 500 RRS

Started by Abercrombie, March 01, 2018, 10:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abercrombie

Ooops, on the way home from a Baja California adventure bike ride yesterday, I was passing through Loveland CO and stopped for lunch.  I have been jonesing for a KTM, Husky or Beta 500 to set up as a light adventure bike and happened to see there was a Beta dealer near by.  The next thing you know I'm sitting on the thing grinning like I'd already visited a Colorado weed dispensary. 

Here it is tonight in my driveway waiting for the snow to melt.

I'm pretty sure its all Lonsome Dave's fault because I was drooling all over his Beta 400 RR last summer at the Fish-n-fry.

Stay tuned for the for sale thread of my 2015 XR650L and 2015 CRF230 to make room in the garage and my finances for the new Italian addition to the garage.

2015 XR650L set up for light adventure and a DakAL ride last September.

2015 CRF230 in like new conditon with a small scrape on the right hand guard and number plate.  (SOLD)

Hank

Oh that's real nice!  Congrats!

Wacked

Nice score! 

I was just turned onto the Betas as a light weight adventure bike after seeing some Aussie reviews.

Sweet bike.....

Wacked

greatbuffalo

Yeah the guy from MADTV loves them
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Oh my.....that's pretty.  Congrats.  Now its time to spend more money.
That XR is pretty too!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Cjones

Very cool, I have read some really great things about Beta. Congrats on the new steed!
06 KTM 250 XC-W
99 Vmax
89 Venture Royale

KLC63

I'm interested in your 230. PM me what you are thinking please.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

Abercrombie

Quote from: KLC63 on March 04, 2018, 10:24:34 AM
I'm interested in your 230. PM me what you are thinking please.

PM sent with information on the CRF230F.

gerry1eye

wow wow wow, I want one, do they make lime green beta's?
hope you can bring it to the spring rally for a close up look.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Abercrombie

Quote from: gerry1eye on March 06, 2018, 08:07:51 PM
wow wow wow, I want one, do they make lime green beta's?
hope you can bring it to the spring rally for a close up look.

I'll know if I can make the spring rally in a week or so.  I have to see if I have enough rider coaches to cover the motorcycle school in West Fargo that weekend.  That's the same weekend as the ABATE of ND motorcycle rally in Menoken Grove so I might be a little short handed.

Abercrombie

Sure just after I buy my 500 RRS, now I see this in Rapid City and it already has the 4 gallon tank and Seat Concepts seat.  I could've saved myself a few thousand dollars and got a pretty red Beta.

https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2017-beta-500-rr-dual-sport/6533450326.html

Edit, I see the guy has a Tenere in the garage also.  The guy obviously has great taste like myself.   ;D

Lonesome Dave

That ones been for sale all winter.  He first wanted $8400 and then dropped to the current price.  I like the white plastic much better.
Older - Wiser - Faster !