News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab April 15th - 22rd

Started by drdon, March 10, 2018, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdon

Sorry I didn't get this in earlier;

I have  been doing this every year since the old days when there was a KLR Rally there associated with the Dual Sport News Magazine.

Their Rally was in June every year around the 7-1th.  That was when the temps were just starting to get really hot.  When theirs stopped, I decided to have a gathering there in April and on the third week when the temps just start to go into the 70's.

We usually get about 10 or 12 people from SD. Wisc, Minn. Colo. and Phx.  I just invite anyone I have ever ridden Dual Sport with, and see who shows up. 

This year Bill Hearne is coming and possibly bringing a friend. I think Bob King might come.  Pete Hopkins the Glassblower from Keystone always comes. Jeff Ecker from Hot Springs is coming.

Some people come early, some stay late, some do both.  If you could make any of the days, that would be great.  Bring a friend.  We do technical some days, dual sport others, there is something for everyone.
I usually bring two bikes, one large, one small, for different riding, or in case one has problems, there is some extremely good street riding in the area as well. Here's the info I have sent out:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sending this again, now that the time is getting closer.

If you plan on attending, please contact the Bighorn for motel, or the Canyonlands Campground.

As of yet there have been few do so.  I talked to the Bighorn last week and they said they would appreciate early reservations, as they are

holding the rooms.

Also contact anyone not on the list that you think would like to attend. 

Thanks, Don Leonard 605-381-9600

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________--                                                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I acted early this year and reserved rooms in Moab for our annual adventure.

Of course it helped that the Jeep Jamboree and the car show are both earlier and later this year, so there are rooms were available. 

The venue is the same:  Bighorn Inn                        - 435-259-6171    https://www.moabbighorn.com
                                       Canyonlands Campground -435-259-6848    https://highwaywestvacations.com/properties/canyonlands

The dates I have picked are April 15th Sunday - April 22 Sunday.

I am working on a better rate for our group and should talk with Brittany in the next day or two. 

Please call and make your reservations early, so that I can see how many rooms we may need.  At present I only have 6 rooms (might need

as many as 10, but they are available), if we are going to need more I need to know, so that I can reserve them while they are still available. 

Nothing to lose on reservations at he Bighorn, as you can cancel them up to 48hrs. in advance.

The Campground also allows no penalty cancellation, but with 3 days notice.

This is always a top event with wonderful riding, great friendships, camaraderie and relaxation, in this most beautiful location. 

I am planning way ahead this year, hoping to get more people to come and experience the area.  If you don't see someones name on the list

that you would like to get an invitation, forward this to them.

We will be riding: White Rim Trail, Onion Creek, Sovereign Trail System, Hurrah Pass, Slick Rock, Porcupine Trail among many others.

Street riders will want to take the route thru LaSal to Gateway to the Auto Museum there, it's not to be missed, both the ride and the

destination. Lots of other great street ridding around the area, Castle Valley, Canyonlands, Arches, Dead Horse Point and many others.

Don Leonard
DL1000, KLX400, WR250R