NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Clark/ terrarist650
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: June 7
DATE LEAVING: June 10
TENT OR RV: Tent
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS: 1
Tent plus vehicle & small trailer

Have a 'new' 30' toy hauler available if 2-3 guys are interested.. (wont be the cheapest option lol)

NDave

NDave.     Peggy and  I
   Thursday.  To Sunday
    20 ft.  Rv

Any ideas on food

paulster

Is there a general agenda anywhere?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: NDave on May 15, 2018, 09:33:23 AM
Any ideas on food

I asked Elisa.  I even asked "are you sure?"  So, she plans on doing the normal thing for Friday night.
That still leaves Saturday night.  I assume that will be probably the normal thing also.  I'll post or NDave can about the other goodies people should bring.
I'll post the week before the rally.  Usually its chips, cookies, some of the fixings for the chili and of course Bonnie always brings numerous things, including I think a Scotcheroos.  Anyway there always good.

Quote from: paulster on May 17, 2018, 07:13:42 PM
Is there a general agenda anywhere?

Not to worry.  I've said it before, this group is like herding cats!  No one really plans anything until the night before or the very morning.  It usually gets determined based on how many riders and such.  Because we don't know you yet, someone will talk to you about what you want to do; single track, two track, asphalt, experience and of course what type of bike/s you have to ride.  Also if you want to take off by yourself or with another buddy, we will help you do that with trails and information.  Some groups come back for lunch, but most do not.

The next question is usually when do things start happening?  There's only a few that ever leave camp before 9 am.  Everyone is usually up around 0700 and eat breakfast at the Fish and Fry.   This is when we really make the plans for the day.  I would say be around and nearly ready by 0915 hours and you will be fine.  Somewhere between 0930 and 1000 hours the different groups are all leaving.  Basically, once you figure out where and who you want to go with, just let them know and also keep an eye on that group.  Bikes and people will start to gather around the leaders bike before they leave.  It always funny to watch, when the leader's bike starts up, people start moving!

Especially the first day, everyone will have a pit or group meeting to cover the rules.  The rules are usually just so the group does not get separated.
Great Buffalo does a great job of explaining the rules.  He might chime in here.

If you or anyone have more questions just ask. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Lonesome DaveIf you or anyone have more questions just ask.

New to the sport, but really excited about this dual-sport rally. I would like to do single-track and high-speed interstate. On the same day, on the same bike.

What is the best motor oil for this?

locopny

:o high quality olive oil---internet told me so.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

I heard massage oil is good too.

Bogus, be in your group, sounds like fun  :o

Well said Dave. That's it in a nutshell.  Yes we will have a morning meeting covering the rules of the trail/road. We have had problems in the past with people getting stranded on the trail. This has been at times been the fault of the rider, and others. We want to bring a end to this. Making sure everyone comes back with the group instead of a rescue party being sent to find them, is the goal.

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

Quote from: Bogus Jim on May 17, 2018, 09:52:06 PM
Quote from: Lonesome DaveIf you or anyone have more questions just ask.

New to the sport, but really excited about this dual-sport rally. I would like to do single-track and high-speed interstate. On the same day, on the same bike.

What is the best motor oil for this?

baby oil, but it has to be fresh squeezed.....never use the synthetic stuff.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

gerry1eye

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  Gerry / gerry1eye
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday
DATE LEAVING: Sunday
TENT OR RV:  RV
SIZE OF RV: 24 foot skinnie winnie

I will do my infamous pulled pork and baked beans on saturday nite. Should be extra tasty this year.
We have had 2 deer kills in the neighborhood (mountain lion?) in the last 2 weeks
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Lonesome Dave

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  Lonesome Dave
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE LEAVING: Sunday, maybe Monday
TENT OR RV:  RV
SIZE OF RV: 24 foot
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Dr.Houck650

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  Andrew/Dr.Houck650
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE LEAVING: unknown
TENT OR RV:  Tent
SIZE OF tent: 10*12ft tarp (Burrito)

hipster

I'm in, looking forward to riding the Black Hills again.

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Tom/Hipster
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:7
DATE LEAVING:10
TENT OR RV: Tent

ZIGGY