News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Black Hills Ride

Started by loingrader, August 07, 2008, 03:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loingrader

thought i would bring this up, especially for people who are less familiar with the climate in the hills...

it could very easily get down to the 30's overnight.  bring a warm sleeping bag or thermal undies, or team up with a sleeping buddy to share that body heat. 

i've got dibs on chad, if he'll have me.     ;)

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

LOL, I have no response. I thought Ryan and his back rubs would get more attention.

Hank

John from the Fish N Fry said they wanted to have the well / pipes winterized by Sept 15.  Apparently in a previous year they had a freeze hard enough to break pipes by that time, so that means what?  Low 20s?   I hope it isn't that cold or Chad will have to cuddle with all of us.

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

loingrader

yea, i thought ryan would have already been taken, with all his sensual massage skills.  thought you were the next best thing fringe.

i was wondering why fish-n-fry was closing middle of september.  freezing pipes must mean, yea, 20's are possible.  i thought it was cold in june.  i'll be bringing my mummy bag and thermal under armor.  sorry to get your hopes up chad, but it sounds like frequencydrive may be interested in a sleeping buddy.

pack for some cold nights and chilly mornings guys.  no fun if you're not prepared.

-bret
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

fringefan

The Hills shut down after labor day so most of those places close and schools starts around the same time out here.

We could have a threesome ;) any guy that rides a barbie bike can crash in my tent any time. Sorry Ryan tents but my tent is not big enough us both.

LittleJacket

I'm planning on wearing my mulitt wig for warmth! Hope I can make it!  By the way, I don't remember riding over any rock gardens on the DDS rally.  Please fill me in.  I know Fringfan doesn't remember any.  The rocks must get bigger on KTMs.  I think that if you KTM boys wouldn't have sold you KLR dream machines you wouldn't have had any vision of big rocks or steep descents, just great fun!  You'd have a lot more cash in your pocket as well.
rpjohnso

loingrader

spoken like a true klr diehard.  you could also talk about how stylish the klr's are, but since you don't ride a barbie bike, i guess you forget just how beautiful, ugly can be.  function AND form.  that's a klr.

The Yeti

"You want me to ride up THAT?!"