2009 DDSR Ralley sign up ** ryans official signup*** June 18-22

Started by fringefan, April 17, 2009, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

It is that time of the year again and we need to get an idea on who is going to make the trip so we can plan a few more details. This is a no charge event that is open to any and all that want to ride with us. We have riders of all skill levels and we ride a pretty wide variety of terrain that includes some rocks, some water crossings, few small hills, and or you can cruise the two track trails/paved roads till your ass is numb. Last years ralleys where a blast and knowing the guys that are planning to come again this year I see no reason why this one will be any different. Camp fire stories are almost as good as the riding minus the rum and a few more backwoods cigars.

As of right now we are plannig on Fish N Fry again this year because it works and with any luck we won't have any rain but if it does we have a place to hang. Trails we ride will depend on weather and we have had several request to explore the sothern hills which would be awesome but I for one would like to explore more of the deadwood area as well.

Last year we had a cookout one night so I would be open to doing it again if some are interested. I am no chef but we can cook some food on a fire so if your interested just  post it with your signup info. In regards to the food it is based on a donations rather than a set cost. We had almost 50 riders last year so lets see what we get :o

fringefan

I am in. Since I and most likely Brian will be cooking I think I will have some food. Think I might cook up some fajitas this year :evil

Fringefan
KLR650 that looks faster than it is
traveling from RC SD

If your mean or don't drink well with others, stay home.

Dustin

Count me in!! If you need any help with food let me know.

Green John Deer KLR650 tractor
Coming from Watertown SD

loingrader

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Hank

I plan to swing through on Sat. night to camp w/ you all and enjoy some campfire, stories, food and perhaps a cocktail.    I'll be on streetbike returning from Glacier Park.    It will be Paul  (goes by bikeless here) and I.

The Yeti

The Yeti is IN!   ;D

06 KTM 950A
Rapid City
Camping Thurs-Sat, riding Fri-Sun.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

LittleJacket

I'm in and like food and beer.

my klr is green and tar!  Hopefully a new color by June
Sioux Falls, SD

rpjohnso

flexlarson

IM IN . Ill cook fajitas with chad.
SUZUKI DR 650

KIM is in to. (Can girls come on these? )
Honda XR 200r
No meat for her just veggie fajitas.
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

fringefan

Thats why I picked fajitas. Hard to get guys pumped up for veggie brats with a side salad ;D

flexlarson

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

hayduke.klr07

I'm in.  Hoping the northern hills dry out a bit.  Stupid rain and snow.  Doesn't mother nature know that we are supposed to be in a drought?  maybe not any more....

fringefan

Your not worried there won't be any fires are ya?

I posted in KLRworld and KLR650.net.

Sportfaller

I'll make an appearance on my GSA, may or may not camp, but am looking forward to some southern hills rides

Josh,
Hill City, SD
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

loingrader

josh, you will have a blast either way on that gsa, but if it has some rock/skid plate protection for your cylinder cases, it will be even more fun.  not sure about your riding style but some of the trails that some of us like to frequent can be a bit rocky.  with a heavier bike, more weight coming down on those rocks...  you get the picture.  alan has broken the factory metal skidplate on his katoom 950.  we punched a hole in the engine case of my brother's ttr225 (rock got around the skidplate), and i've got lots of big gouges on my klr's skidplate.  just my $0.02.
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

The Yeti

Seriously??!!!  You're gonna let the poor guy take a GSA down Camp 5??!!   :o  Bad idea, me thinks.....
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"