News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

The Cycle of Cycles!

Started by Lonesome Dave, April 29, 2018, 07:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I couldn't decide where to post this so it ended up here. 
I've always thought it was funny how bikes sell around here.  Quite often, someone will sell post a bike and sell it to another member.  It has happened a lot over the years.  So I thought I'd tell you all about this little story!

I saw early this past Friday morning that Hank posted he was selling his Beta trials bike in Watertown.  http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=2512.0  I thought, damn, I'd like to have that but I don't need it, I've got my Sherco trials bike.  End of story, almost!  Later Friday, I get a call from Cadet in Sioux Falls.  "Hey, you need sell your Sherco bike so you can buy my Beta trials bike."  Why?  "Because, I'm buying Hank's and I need to sell mine."  "Oh, I don't know, sounds like a lot of work."  A few minutes pass.  By now I've had time to process the whole thing.  "You know your right, it's not that much work, let me think about it a bit."  So I call Gerry, and then Grubbie in WY.

Short story;  Hank puts up his 2013 Beta for sale.  Cadet buys it on Friday morning.  Cadet calls me to sell his 2004 Beta.  I buy it.  I call Grubbie on Saturday morning and he buys my 2004 Sherco later that day.  So from Friday morning to Saturday night, three bikes sold.  Grubbie picked up the Sherco today.

That's how it's suppose to work.  Cycle of Cycles.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

BCB1080

Fletch

and you didn't have to take anyone to breakfast??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

What's really puzzling to me, is that Lisa told him to do it.

Fletch

ya, something weird is going on here.....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

Grubbie called tonight, he's already looped it in a wheelie.  I'm so proud of him.  And, he has a bunch of ideas for building trials obstaclse at his place.  Go Grubbie!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

All of our bikes have been passed around like groupies.

grubbie

I can already see I'm going to have fun on this thing. Tonight I was in a draw just below my house with a bunch of cottonwood deadfall laying around. What a blast! And by the way,....I didn't loop it per se,....it looped itself and took off, leaving me standing like an idiot 15 feet behind it. Clearly, the blame lies on the faulty machine that Dave sold me.

Abercrombie

Quote from: grubbie on May 01, 2018, 08:45:23 PM
I can already see I'm going to have fun on this thing. Tonight I was in a draw just below my house with a bunch of cottonwood deadfall laying around. What a blast! And by the way,....I didn't loop it per se,....it looped itself and took off, leaving me standing like an idiot 15 feet behind it. Clearly, the blame lies on the faulty machine that Dave sold me.

The machine isn't faulty, he just trained it well.