News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Food Thread

Started by Lonesome Dave, May 28, 2018, 09:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Plans are starting to form.  Brad and Sue stopped by this afternoon.  Brad and I talked about trails and where to go, Sue and Elisa started planning food.
The food plan is similar to past rallys.

Friday night, Sue and Elisa are bringing chili for everyone.  They are requesting volunteers to bring onions, cheese, and chips for the chili.

Saturday night, Jerry and NDave will be bringing the pulled pork and baked beans.  Side/salad dishes, dessert bars, cookies or whatever are always welcome.  If possible, please post what you are bringing in order to avoid no desserts and 10 lbs. of cheese!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

NEWBI INFO regarding Supper and Food -

Sue asked me to bring this up because several guys ran into town last year for supper not knowing what was available to whom/for what.

So DDSR does this pot-luck style supper on Friday night and Saturday night starting about 6pm.  Friday is historically Chili and Saturday has been pulled pork.  It's available to all attendees, new or old.  We usually sit around by the fire telling "tall tales of victory" afterwards.  There will be a donation bucket at the end of the table; this helps us continue the food tradition onto the next rally.

Hot breakfast usually happens at the Fish-n-Fry office.  They open at 7am.  Lunch is typically on the road at Nemo, Sugar Shack, Rochford, Deerfield, or some such place .......   bring cash - not all of these places accept cards.  If chili or pulled pork is not your thing for supper, Fish-n-Fry does have a small menu and there is a restaurant across hwy 385 at the Steel Wheel

greatbuffalo

Thank you guys for for doing this. You are awesome. I will figure out what I will bring and post here in the next day or so.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

I figured it out and edited this post.  Also, Thanks for doing this.

would like to bring some chips and my favorite dip. 

Will bring a dessert too although my sister calls it a side salad.

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Lonesome Dave

You know Brad, we are pretty awesome!  ;D   Oh yeah, so is Sue and Elisa!!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

grubbie

We will bring chips for Friday and a side dish for Saturday. We have a lot of ground beef and we are coming Thursday. If you let us know how much is needed for the chili we will happily bring it.

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on May 28, 2018, 09:12:26 PM
If possible, please post what you are bringing in order to avoid no desserts and 10 lbs. of cheese!

You make it sound like that would be a bad thing!

I will bring desserts.

Abercrombie

Mike and I will bring some Cowboy beans to go with the pulled pork for Saturday night, a pan of bars, some chips and cookies, or something like that.

gerry1eye

I have not seen any info on how many are signed up? Wondering how many people to feed on Saturday? More or less or about the same as last year?
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

locopny

Quote from: gerry1eye on June 04, 2018, 02:32:10 PM
I have not seen any info on how many are signed up? Wondering how many people to feed on Saturday? More or less or about the same as last year?
based just off the sign up thread I've counted 30 people....Which I have no idea how that ACTUALLY translates to attendance.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: gerry1eye on June 04, 2018, 02:32:10 PM

Gerry, I just counted 32 people (not all riders).  I'd say plan on at least 50 servings.  This is coming straight from Mrs. Lonesome.  And, we always have locals show up for supper or whatever. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

NDave

Peggy and I will have potato salad and crock pot beans for 47.5 people on sat nite.