Help, trying to get ready for rally tomorrow! Jet block install KTM 2 stroke.

Started by Cjones, June 06, 2018, 06:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cjones

I thought I would toss in the new jet block Oring/gasket for my XCW 2-stroke. The gasket arrived while I was at work all last week. I just got off (a day early so I could be at the rally).

I pulled the jet block to slip in the new Oring and it looks like adhesive or sealer was used, its messy. I thought these things went in dry. Can someone please, purdy please help me with a fast answer on what, if anything, I should use on the KTM jet block Oring.  I'm racing to get it dialed in before I head out tomorrow.  Thanks!!  I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!
06 KTM 250 XC-W
99 Vmax
89 Venture Royale

Bogus Jim

I've always put mine in dry, but I have read that some people will use adhesive if the gasket won't hold the proper shape long enough to get things bolted up again. On this carb, that doesn't seem to be an issue (?)

Cjones

Thanks Jim.  I got it handled but forgot to post a thanks.  Some stuff came up so I never got her buttoned up until late last night, had to skip dialing it in until today.  It wouldnt stay put so I used a dab of petroleum jelly.  I'm fully expecting to get there tomorrow.  How all I have to do is figure out what time the rides usually leave from FNF.
06 KTM 250 XC-W
99 Vmax
89 Venture Royale