News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Spring Rally 2018

Started by greatbuffalo, January 21, 2018, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Chaz....   keep the tradition - make sure at least one of those bikes is a non-plated dirt runner!   Look foreword to hearing what mayhem ya'll bump into this trip

wacked

DoubleCheese

All bikes are plated now. Not quite as interesting anymore. The atk isn't making the trip though. Picked up the world's ugliest drz.

Lonesome Dave

I finally got out today and rode, with no other purpose than DDSR rally.  I've actually been out only two times before, once with grandson and last week on a training mission for the "Dakota 600." 

Anyway, I found some new trails last year by accident and thought they would be fun for DDSR.  I've been working on my basic plan for a week or two, but today I headed out to put it all together.  And, to make sure the different trails were open.  It was a beautiful day and I was about the only one out in the sticks. 

Although the group has traveled parts of these different routes, the basic plan is to head west out of fish & fry over the hill and turn south towards Custer peak.  We can stop there if you like.  Continue south to Roubaix lake area.  Go back in at Killgren road and work our way south to Rochford Road area and Riley trail head.  We'll cross Rochford road and head up into some new areas.  Brad has taken us through some of that area before, but this is different.  It has some really fun trails and a look out that looks back towards Nemo rock cliffs.  From there we head south and east eventually coming out on Hwy 385.  Will cross the road and start working our way back towards Fish & Fry on that side of the highway.  I haven't planned that part yet, but I have traveled that side a lot and will figure out something. 

Today I found lots of water running down the two track trails and lots of green, green, and more green everywhere.
I'm pretty happy with the route and I think people will like it.

Brad and I are also talking about doing a route south of Sheridan Lake road.  Main problem is taking the Highway all the way over to start.  We'll see what everyone wants to do.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Abercrombie

Dang Dave, the anticipation was already killing me and then you go and post up some tasty stuff like that.  Shopping is done, camping stuff is gathered, bike is nearly prepped, teaching Monday & Tuesday night and hopefully getting an early start Wednesday morning.

locopny

I should have bikes prepped by Tuesday so I can leave Wed.  XL is running.  Need a 13 tooth front sprocket. going to see if a shop out that way can get one in. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

tannerc

Single Track Thursday:
        Who is up for a single track run on Thursday, 13:00ish?

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

I have a dr. appt at 1:00 but can catch up to you somewhere perhaps? I'm pretty much out the rest of the weekend. can't get out of work friday and the oldest is coming home for the weekend so......
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 03, 2018, 09:56:12 PM
I finally got out today and rode, with no other purpose than DDSR rally.  I've actually been out only two times before, once with grandson and last week on a training mission for the "Dakota 600." 

I hadn't been out yet this season either until yesterday.   Got to try out the DR with 14 tooth front sprocket. I like! Rode those F'ing Black Hawk trail ruts like a champ.  I'm ready!  ;D 

ADV Piglet

Count Pete & I in for a day of pavement!

KLC63

Quote from: Robmicgrn on May 21, 2018, 04:32:04 PM
Quote from: Fletch on May 19, 2018, 04:19:28 PM
Ya that's what I thought too.  But one of the Harley guys at Johnson sidIng last weekend said it was done?  I'll check for sure in the next couple days.

Its still dirt. I was thru there on Saturday................. And that being said, it was in real rough shape.......

Friday on the asfault sounds good to me. Its all I have time for this rally. I have to baseball turneys going on. One to watch and one to coach.
THE OLDER I GET, THE FASTER I WAS.

revmaaatin

Road Construction ALERT!!!
For those of you wanting to do paved canyons---

Vanocker Canyon started a paving project today, Tuesday, 5 June. 
The Start point is ~2 miles N of the South End of Vanocker Canyon for ~8 miles, ending at the entrance for the Wonderland Cave.
You can expect a 20+ minute delay, depending on when you arrive at the flagman position and how long it has been since the follow-me-truck was at that stop point.
m1.

revmaaatin

Vanocker Canyon update:
They have almost completed the first layer of asphalt on both lanes of the Vanocker Canyon construction that I previously described.
I talked to the flagger, they are going to be laying down another layer on top of the new asphalt = at least two more days of road construction.

US385 S of Sheridan Lake
Another choke point is on US385 S of Sheridan Lake Road.
There was a flagger there stopping traffic going South.

m1.

sprout

Had a GREAT time! Will try again next year, with Kim of coarse. Bringing dirt bike 2 :) :)
Someone should mention to Gerry that u meet the nicest people on Honda's  8)
Also I should point out that I googled Gerry's nurse, he may have been telling the truth! https://cdn.heavencostumes.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/l/ml-70415-rn-sexy-nurse-costume-back-r.jpg

gerry1eye

Quote from: sprout on June 10, 2018, 08:09:04 PM
Had a GREAT time! Will try again next year, with Kim of coarse. Bringing dirt bike 2 :) :)
Someone should mention to Gerry that u meet the nicest people on Honda's  8)
Also I should point out that I googled Gerry's nurse, he may have been telling the truth! https://cdn.heavencostumes.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/l/ml-70415-rn-sexy-nurse-costume-back-r.jpg

That is her, only she was wearing a black bikini, after just swimming at hippie hole. Did I tell you that she turned the air condition on full high cold, as I was sweating so bad?

Hey Yeti, I think a my Subaru ride trumps your helicopter ride.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.