Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Fall Rally - When & Where?

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 18, 2018, 09:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Please see link below, posted in general discussion HayDuke
http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com/smf/index.php?topic=2535.0

As mentioned in the above thread, I called Mountain Meadows today to confirm dates with them.  The 3rd weekend was actually open, but NOT anymore.
Once again plenty of RV sites but only one cabin left.  So, I would assume this place is out.

Maybe Nemo?  Ideas?  Discussion?

Mystic Hills Hideaway.....maybe?  It's over by Custer Peak.  They have some very close by Condos that can hold a bunch of people.  We talked about this place a couple of years ago. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

What about the 4th weekend Dave?
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

Mystic Hills looked like a very nice place running past.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

sandhillrider

Mystic hills looks ok but there web page says they no longer offer tent camping if that matters.

ADV Piglet

Anyone familiar with Crooked Creek Campground by Hill City?  Close enough to trails?

From their Web page:

Crooked Creek has a wide variety of lodging with 84 RV sites, 15 cabins, a 14-room motel, shaded tent sites along the creek, and two tipis for sleeping under the stars. Pets are welcome in the RV park and select cabins.
Other amenities include a heated outdoor swimming pool, direct acess to the Mickelson Trail, a General Store, Breakfast Barn, laundry facility, and wine tasting room. We also  have a shelter available for groups by reservation.

Bogus Jim

Quote from: ADV Piglet on June 19, 2018, 12:13:56 PM
Anyone familiar with Crooked Creek Campground by Hill City?  Close enough to trails?

My folks have stayed there, and I've had friends stay there. It's nice but probably a little pricey for DDSR unless there's an off-season rate in September.

Bogus Jim

Hey Dave, how many tent sites does your yard have?

ADV Piglet

I checked on rates & availability at Crooked Creek.
Could do weekends of Sept 13-16 or Sept 20-23.

RV sites: $30-50
Cabins: $53 (no bathroom) or $99-173 with amenities
Motel rooms: $102-119
Tent: $32 (I think she gave me the peak season rate!)

http://www.crookedcreeksd.com/lodging/rv-lots

I can do some checking around to see what other options available in area. 

Any campgrounds have a bar? I think that would be a nice amenity to have on-site for when it rains  ;D   

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: Bogus Jim on June 19, 2018, 12:41:21 PM
Hey Dave, how many tent sites does your yard have?
I have as many as we need, but only one bathroom!

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 18, 2018, 09:57:44 PM
What about the 4th weekend Dave?

FYI, I checked on last weekend of Sept. at Mountain Meadows.  Once again, only one cabin.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

There is the horse camp remember

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wacked

Jeez.....  I was really "feeling" the Deerfield country for the fall rally and kinda bummed that Mountain Meadows cabins are filled up.

How many fall attendees are planning on getting a cabin?  That may determine what place we pick.

ADV Piglet

Cabin for us

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Leo FishBear

I would like to do a cabin or something of that nature again but it won't be a deal breaker for me I will do a tent as well.
I've No idea where I'm going, That's no reason to be late.

hayduke.klr07

Rafter J south of hill city.
whispering pines on silver city road.
three forks, junction 16 and 385, north of hill city.  it would be a great location.  close to dirt and fuel.