News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Another NEW Beta rider!

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 18, 2018, 09:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I don't want to ruin the surprise, but we have a NEW Beta rider among us.  He rode my Beta 390rr 2 or 3 weeks ago.  After a short ride he said, "I can't describe it, its different in good way, wow!"  So he'll be riding a brand new 2018 390rr-s later this week.

There's actually another member that's ridden my 390 two times.  Once last fall and again the first day of the rally.  So one of these days he might be calling me too!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

So, I was at Roscoes today getting some "Low Down" info on the oil injection system on my Xtrainer.   We were talking how the Beta's were gaining in popularity and how he'd just sold one earlier in the day......   could this be the one? 

Lonesome Dave

It was!!

What'd he say about the oil injection?
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

He hasn't seen issue with the injection system - thinks it's solid.   Guess I'm keeping it

tannerc

There has been a few problems with the 300's oil injection system. We ran into a guy at pilot knob who had one with the issues. I think beta has fixed the issue but it required a service.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on June 18, 2018, 09:26:12 PM
I don't want to ruin the surprise, but we have a NEW Beta rider among us.  He rode my Beta 390rr 2 or 3 weeks ago.  After a short ride he said, "I can't describe it, its different in good way, wow!"  So he'll be riding a brand new 2018 390rr-s later this week.

There's actually another member that's ridden my 390 two times.  Once last fall and again the first day of the rally.  So one of these days he might be calling me too!
Stop letting him ride your motorcycles

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sandhillrider

ADV Piglet

Quote from: sandhillrider on June 19, 2018, 12:47:29 PM
So he gave you the WR?
Most likely I will take it - if I ever get a chance to try it out! If not that, I will be looking for something to replace my beast.

Anyone looking for a DR?

Lonesome Dave

Quote from: ADV Piglet on June 19, 2018, 09:47:20 AM
Stop letting him ride your motorcycles

That makes two bikes.  First the Tiger last year and now the Beta!

By the way, the other friend called tonight.  He tried buying the 390 today, but it was already sold.  Now he's really frustrated on what to do.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

Newest member of the family on the way home.
It will for sure rain all weekend now.

Lonesome Dave

Sweet......that will teach that damn WR to leave him stranded on the roadside!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Petros

Ok, here ya go Dave, I'm not sure you were grasping the pics I sent last night. Gertie did not seem enthused about her new backpack, but it looked kinda like Beta colors and size looked right for another application, especially at 40 bucks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Petros

Abercrombie

Nice Beta!  I see at least four motorcycles in that picture.  Looks like your leash is a little too long also.

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Petros

OOOh, perfect timing. Dave was telling me about your HDB set up on your bike that I didn't get a chance to see. Do you have a pic of your dash/clamp/hand guard rig. That stuff looks really nice on the website.  Now where do you see a leash in those pics?
Petros