News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Another NEW Beta rider!

Started by Lonesome Dave, June 18, 2018, 09:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abercrombie

I don't see any lease.  I'm guessing you're totally off the chain with Stacy.  LOL

The Highway Dirt Bikes hand guards are pretty heavy duty and not the best looking but I agree with Dave.  If I totaled out the bike I'm pretty sure anything that they are connected to will be saved. 

Here is a picture of the HDB dash with the armored Trail Tech Voyager protector.

I needed to put 20 mm risers on my 500 RR-S so I could stand more comfortably.  It worked out were I needed that 20 mm to get the Voyager mount up above the front light shroud.  Here is a picture of the relocated Voyager above the light shroud.

Raising the Voyager created problems with the front brake line interfering with the view of the display.  I drilled a hole in the upper right corner of the voyager mount to secure it out of the way.

Top front view.

For some reason Beta sent me a couple extra 20 mm riser kits.  If you need a set let me know.  I can mail them or I will be in Spearfish Monday night to start a DakAL ride Tuesday morning.

To make the HDB hand guards work with a riser I think you would be forced to relocate the dash, key switch, lights, and voyager display from the original location.   After I did the relocate I chopped off the old lights, key and display mount.

I ordered the HDB big bolt kit.  That thing looks bomb proof.  They send you a huge tap to tap the handle bar ends and this big screw is threaded straight into the handle bar end with no insert.  It looks stupid strong like the rest of the system.

In order to mount the Voyager display into the HDB Billet display mount I had to drill out the two mounting holes in the bottom to the same diameter as the original Beta mount and reused the original rubber mounting hardware.

Like I said I will be at Bell's Motel Monday night if you want to take a closer look before dropping a few hundo on the HDB hand gaurd system.  I could also take a slightly different route Monday afternoon and swing buy if you wanted a closer look or needed a set of 20 MM risers.

Petros

Thanks for the pics. I'll have to check em out closer on the big screen tonight when I get out of the salt mine for the day. Good shot on how hand guards attach to the top plate. looks like I could make all sorts of other hand guards fit on there with a bit of tig time. 
Petros

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Abercrombie on June 21, 2018, 11:19:04 AM
Nice Beta!  I see at least four motorcycles in that picture.  Looks like your leash is a little too long also.
He needs to make room so I can add a few more. Only 2 out of the 7 motorcycles are mine...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bogus Jim

This is the tap for the handlebar ends. Some kits don't include the tap guide that slips over the end of the handlebar, you can borrow mine if you want. Not necessary but makes starting the threads a bit safer.

Petros

Thanks Jim, I'll keep that in mind.  Tapped bar ends certainly appears the way to go vs the wall anchor thingy's.
Petros