News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2008 Honda Crf230L?

Started by locopny, July 02, 2018, 12:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locopny

A smaller BRP...possible for use for my dad. And me when he decides to not ride.
Should I keep looking for a newer 250 model.  Has really low miles.  And is about $2000.

Trying to do some research so I'm not buying a problem child...like this XL of mine has been. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

grubbie

Good and dependable, low seat height, trail worthy, good commuter though it is tough to get to 65 mph. Fun bike, cheap to own, bullet proof, as close to zero maintenance as you can get. Personally I wouldn't be afraid to give 2K if it has low miles. However, if he is over about 5'10" he will be pretty cramped on it. Just my .02

Abercrombie

I would agree with grubbie.  It would be small with the 31" seat height and weeze out trying to get up to speed with a full size man on it but I know a guy that needs that bike bad for my neiphew by next month.  If you don't jump on it, hook me up with the info.  That bike would work pretty well to train my neiphew.

locopny

Kevin sent you the link...
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

tannerc

agspecialties spelling? had group of guys up from NE one year and they were all riding 230's on the single track. They had them set up nice. they were healthy sized boys and loved the 230's. I would not be afraid of one. tough little air cooled bikes.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Abercrombie

Quote from: tannerc on July 10, 2018, 07:29:18 PM
agspecialties spelling? had group of guys up from NE one year and they were all riding 230's on the single track. They had them set up nice. they were healthy sized boys and loved the 230's. I would not be afraid of one. tough little air cooled bikes.

Ya, I f----ed up like always.  After Tom locopny gave me the link to this sweet bike at a great price. I thought about it for a day and the next day I told the guy I would be at his house at 1:00 on the 5th with a stack of $100.00 but he said he already had a guy coming at 11:00 to buy it.   I miss all the great deals by having to think about it over night.  Those Fire Fighter pension checks come too slow and I spend it way too fast.   :-[

locopny

I should have bought it...but got the evil eye from Dads boss....AKA Mom.  Probably for the best until he gets his health stuff figured out.  But knowing that its basically a decent bike...I can more confidently jump on it.

See what happens when you attend a Rally...Bike fever hits.  I'm holding off testing a Beta....contagious ride I hear
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L