News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

It has happened again!!

Started by Lonesome Dave, July 04, 2018, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Yes, it has happened again.  Earlier this week another DDSR member from WY called me and wanted to ride my Beta.  I can't say who, but he just wanted to be sure before he pulled the trigger on a new one.  Again today he texted me to tell me he didn't need to ride my 390 or Pete's new one.  He ordered a BYOB 390 rr-s (Build Your Own Beta) from Beta's website and it will be here in 30 to 45 days.  This bike is coming completely farkled; big tank, correct springs, Seat Concepts, hand guards and much more.  He went "all in," but tells me it was cheaper than buying all the different things afterwards.  At least that's what he told his wife!

I'll let this unknown person identify himself.  Who could it be?

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Wacked

Beta Pandemic!   3 states now affected....

Abercrombie

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on July 04, 2018, 10:14:35 PM
Yes, it has happened again.  Earlier this week another DDSR member from WY called me and wanted to ride my Beta.  I can't say who, but he just wanted to be sure before he pulled the trigger on a new one.  Again today he texted me to tell me he didn't need to ride my 390 or Pete's new one.  He ordered a BYOB 390 rr-s (Build Your Own Beta) from Beta's website and it will be here in 30 to 45 days.  This bike is coming completely farkled; big tank, correct springs, Seat Concepts, hand guards and much more.  He went "all in," but tells me it was cheaper than buying all the different things afterwards.  At least that's what he told his wife!

I'll let this unknown person identify himself.  Who could it be?

Dave, Your going to have to contact Beta USA about some sales commission.  You should be duly compensated for the Beta wave you are starting.

At first I was afraid I'd made a horrible decision getting rid of the trusty 2015 XR650L.  After spending 4 days on the Beta 500 RRS in the Black Hills with the DDSR and riding 900 miles in four days on the DakAL last week I am truly enamored with the thing.  I can't believe how well it works at everything I've thrown at it from single track to being loaded down like a pack mule for the DakAL camping trip.

Fletch

this whole Beta thing is getting out of hand....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

ADV Piglet

Beware of Beta owners! They are an infectious species! Not sure how much longer I can survive living with one. Already seeing signs of contamination....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

I strongly suspect Nebraska is the next state to get hit....

cadet1

It is like a disease. You get the fever for one then it is all over with. haha

sandhillrider

The force is strong with these red beasts but so far I am holding out.
Depending wich Wyoming member falls and if Piglet falls the force will be strong.
Which of my stable of bikes does red replace?
The Tenere was easy to justify this not so much.....send DR to Alaska then....

greatbuffalo

I agree, the beta infection even involved my kid's shoulder. Its clearly not healthy. I am thinking a commission  is in order to address the problem as soon as they figure out the opioid  thing.  :-\

I mean when and where will it stop?  It started out as a lower class problem with Dave and then Nathaniel, it was only a matter of time before it crossed social boundaries.  An epidemic indeed.

I am doing research to discover an appropriate prophylactic  for those of us who still care about ourselves and our loved ones.

Who really wants to come home after a DDSR bike swingers weekend and tell your spouse you have been infected?

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Leo FishBear

well If they can be Licensed in NEB then it is probably a done deal Right?
I've No idea where I'm going, That's no reason to be late.

Lonesome Dave

Let me respond to the Nebraska guy.  Talked to Ross today at Rosco's, he said he just went through this with the guy from Wyoming!  Beta 4T's are all 50 state legal.  So that Nebraska guy has no more excuses!  And, Rosco's can help you out with all your needs.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Lonesome Dave

Okay, first off I'm not trying to add up posts here!.

So it happened today.  I walk into Rosco's to say hi and before I can say anything else, Ross says, "I need to thank you."  "For what, oh yeah, probably because of Pete and the guy from Wyoming."  I tell him sure thing.  Then I tell him about this thread and that Kevin (Abercrombie) said Beta needs to pay me commission.

Long story short, Ross gets kinda of serious and says, I really want to thank you again, my business has always been from word of mouth.  "Sure, no problem."  Then he offers me a substantial store credit.  I about fell off my chair.  He then asks, "is that okay?"  I said..............well you know what I said!  I've told Ross before he needs to bring up a Beta for people to look at and maybe ride at our Rally's.  So who knows, maybe he will.

So anybody that is thinking about a Beta, you need to ride mine!  That was a joke, kinda!!  :evil

And one more thing, to the guy from Nebraska, who I've offered him numerous times to ride my Beta, but always says "no thanks, I don't need the stress of wanting it."  Your days are numbered, that WR needs to stay home on the ranch!  ;D

Older - Wiser - Faster !

sandhillrider

Man the pressure. Bonnie will not be at fall rally as she is gong to Italy on a Beta fact finding mission  at rally time.
Hope to have a report at the rally about this craze.

Now to pour gas on a fire.
Talked to my local Beta dealer today 390 and 500 still available.
Beings this is such a helpful group I will start a which Beta is right for Nebraska
thread tonight so start thinking. Feel free to call with input.....Dave

Bonnie to Italy and bring Italian Princess to rally.....

Petros

So Dave, are you saying that everyone could possibly get a "substantial" amount off of the retail on a new Beta at Roscoe's just by mentioning the spiff stated here, thus inferring that there must be room to negotiate on them? 
Petros