Come on, summer...

Main Menu

It has happened again!!

Started by Lonesome Dave, July 04, 2018, 10:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Bogus Jim

Been doing some research on Beta's, and came across this video - Top 5 Myths about Betas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLcqa0fXCEI

Lonesome Dave

Jim, you are such a  sh.......t!!!!!!
LMAO  ;D
Older - Wiser - Faster !

locopny

So you are all just saying Resistance is futile???

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

locopny

Quote from: Hank
And too bad this isn't closer to home!

https://advrider.com/index.php?threads/2016-beta-500-rs-low-miles-lots-of-extras.1326177/#post-35421901

Haul bikes will ship for $600 and only takes about 2 weeks.  THAT is a nice machine.  Thankfully I don't have the funding for that.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Fletch

So, Jim, your saying these things might be good at water crossings??
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

Quote from: Fletch on July 09, 2018, 08:06:29 AM
So, Jim, your saying these things might be good at water crossings??

I got distracted by the girl but I think she was saying that Beta's make good pets.  ;D

The 500 in Rapid City is still for sale, it's down to $7,600 now.

https://rapidcity.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2017-beta-500-rr-dual-sport/6622850930.html

ADV Piglet

They are multiplying! Surprised they let me ride with them in all their greatness. Notice how they all have to park together...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fletch

Good lord, it's like a fungus....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

sandhillrider

It took great will power this morning to call the dealer and tell him I wanted to ride one in the fall before I bought one.

Now Jim posts up a used one....thanks

Abercrombie

Quote from: sandhillrider on July 09, 2018, 12:56:18 PM
It took great will power this morning to call the dealer and tell him I wanted to ride one in the fall before I bought one.

Now Jim posts up a used one....thanks

A little photo assist to help push you over the edge.  I might as well get on Dave's bandwagon and start pushing Betas too.
The Beta 500 did an amazing job loaded down for the DakAL last week.  I wasn't sure how a 244 pound enduro would handle me and four days of camping gear but once i got on I forgot the over stuffed Giant Loop was behind me. 

It was a whole different story riding the DakAL last fall compared to last week going from the XR650L loaded down to the Beta 500 RR-S loaded down.  Its funny how loosing a hundred pounds off the Big Red Pig Honda and going to the light weight and more powerful Beta enhanced the riding experience.  The only thing I missed was the XR650L couch seat on the road sections.

At the spring rally before 4 gallon tank, Seat Concepts seat, and luggage rack.

First time Beta dirt nap.

Lonesome Dave

Do I dare say this again.......................

It has happened again, an unnamed rancher from Nebraska asked me to go look at the 500 RR-S on Craigslist in RC. 
Perfect shape, 502 miles.  Short story; rancher bought it and will be here on Friday to pick it up.

Who will be next?   Fletch maybe!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Petros

Ya, I don't know what's going on here.  The anonymous rancher and I were just chatting at the end of the rally about Betas and something along the lines of us not needing one. Funny thing is I liked his free advice about driving the WR straight to a place that sells fuel injected bikes. Well Piglet absconded with the WR, so looks like I still have to mess with a carburator for a little while. Piglet needs to hock it off for a Beta too before the WR looks war torn.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Petros

sandhillrider

Yes I gave into peer pressure. Petros we still don't need Betas and a 500 to boot but it's sure gonna be fun. Just hope it's enough bike for my gravel road rides.
Abercrombie did me in when we talked last night. When he got done with me I had no will power left.
If somebody would just say one thing bad about their Beta I might have been saved.
And once again thanks Bogus.
Who's next?