News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Sept 2018 Sign-up

Started by ADV Piglet, July 06, 2018, 03:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADV Piglet

The 2018 Dakota Dual Sport Riders fall rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Nemo Guest Ranch http://www.nemoguestranch.com/

Dates are September 20, 21, 22, & 23, 2018.  You can arrive anytime after noon on Thursday, September 20, departing on Sunday, September 23. Weather for Nemo in Sept - average high is 72, average low is 38.

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - $17 per person/night, RVs/Campers - $30 per night.  Dogs - one time charge of $10/each dog. Please call  to reserve your RV/tent spots. Tell them your are with the DDSR Group. DDSR will be in RV spots R1-R9, but you must call to reserve. I haven't heard back yet, but believe we are getting a 10% group discount.

Cabins are available as well, call to reserve.  Make sure you tell them you are with DDSR to get the discount! Dogs allowed for $10/night/each dog.  List of cabins & prices can be found here: http://www.nemoguestranch.com/cabins.php
As of today, cabins available for Thur-Sun stay are the following: Troxell, Big House, Circle 6, Boarding House Rooms B1 & B2 & B3 & B4, Bunk House, Martin Units 44 & 45, Line Shack (no plumbing, next to showerhouse).
Available Friday-Sunday are the following: 4T, Double T, Ranch House. 
Cabins are not being held - you must call to reserve a cabin. 
A few of the cabins are large (2 bedrooms, 4 bedrooms, sleep 12, etc.) for those that want to group up and save some $.  Post something on the forum if are interested in going in on a group cabin, plenty of people come up by themselves. We are a friendly bunch.  Plus, in late September, a cabin might beat the heck out of staying in a tent!

A 50% deposit is required. All deposits are non-refundable (but can be used towards another stay within a years time). No refunds for early departures.

Nemo Guest Ranch Phone: 605-578-2708

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

Limited food will be provided, but plan on fending for yourself during the day. There is a restaurant/bar on site, as well as a gas station across the street.
- Organized food TBA

Cars, trucks & bike trailers will have room to park, but could be a ways away from your campsite.

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. Hank, Great Buffalo, Lonesome Dave, any other DDSR member, the Nemo Guest Ranch or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Click the link about halfway down this page on the right-hand side (Application: Annual Motorized Trail Permit):
https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/blackhills/recreation/ohv

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Piglet is a newbie to this set-up stuff, so fill in what I missed guys!

Lonesome Dave

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Lonesome Dave
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  1 sometimes 2!  I think she's driving the 10 miles home at night.
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday
DATE LEAVING: Sunday
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV:  24'
NUMBER OF TENTS: 0

Important;  They are holding a group of sites all together.  We need to call and reserve or they will let them go to someone else.
I looked at the sites again today, they will let us "circle the wagons" if we want.  I took #3 (look at they're website).  We can face two campers to each other and a third one on the end w/long extension cord, if desired.  Plenty of room to pull in or back in.  There's a large fire pit between them. 
None of the RV sites have a dump.  Only water and electric.  They have a dump site when you leave.  Just FYI
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Stacy & Pete / Piglet & Petros
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 9/21
DATE LEAVING: 9/23
TENT OR RV: Reserved one of the small cabins

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

sandhillrider

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Mark/ Sandhillrider
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: 9-20
DATE LEAVING: 9-23
SIZE OF RV: 32

May add a day on front or back depending who's riding

locopny

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Tom/Locopny
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1...2 or 3? don't know just yet
DATE ARRIVING:9/20
DATE LEAVING:9/23
TENT OR RV:RV
SIZE OF RV:28'

I'll call them tomorrow and reserve a place.  Must redeem the Honda from the Spring Rally
EDIT: I got the spot next to Dave #4. 

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Leo FishBear

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:Michael/Leo fishbear
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:21
DATE LEAVING:23
TENT OR RV:Boarding House B4
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
I've No idea where I'm going, That's no reason to be late.

Abercrombie

"mseabs436" Mike, my son Jordan and I will be there.

Edited:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Kevin / "Abercrombie",  Mike "mseabs436", and my son Jordan.
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:    3
DATE ARRIVING: Sept 20th
DATE LEAVING:  Sept 23rd
STAYING AT:  Boarding House Cabin unit B3

grubbie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Rob/Grubbie
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 1
DATE ARRIVING: Sept. 20
DATE LEAVING: Sept 24
SIZE OF RV: 25
NUMBER OF TENTS:

ADV Piglet

Nemo Guest Ranch called and are releasing cabins and RV spots (I didn't know they were holding them for us). So just an FYI, there are still spots as of now if you haven't booked yet, but they might not last much longer.

Wacked

Whew Piglet! .....  Thanks for the heads up.  Called him this afternoon and got in just under the wire.  He got me crammed in.

Wacked

Lonesome Dave

SEE Second Post on this thread.  It's under IMPORTANT!

Oh yeah, we've also got maybe another new guy showing up from California.  Considering moving to RC area.  I invited him along, oh he's also a die hard BETA rider.  Ya!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

Another update: the restaurant is no longer open. People running it walked out. Not sure if/when it will reopen.

locopny

Quote from: ADV Piglet on August 14, 2018, 07:34:38 PM
Another update: the restaurant is no longer open. People running it walked out. Not sure if/when it will reopen.

is there a plan for breakfasts?  I assume there is a potluck deal again for suppers???

What about the bar?  same deal??
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

ADV Piglet

Yep that includes the bar too

Will find out if sugar shack will be open for breakfast those dates (unless anyone knows off hand). That's only few miles away.

If someone wants to start a potluck thread...

Lonesome Dave

Isn't that just great.  Dammit
Older - Wiser - Faster !