Come on, summer...

Main Menu

H-D adventure bike

Started by Fletch, July 30, 2018, 08:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

tannerc

well its about time. the street fighter and pan america look like steps in the right direction, as long as they designed them right and they dont weight 968 lbs dry. late to the game but better then never. the Ulysses had a great following and was a decent machine. 
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Cjones

Through marketing genius have they come this far and had a fantastic run, even being iconic once up on a time for quiet a long time, but this is an era gone by. Those that bought the HD narrative are no longer young men and women, HD will have to consider a new approach to hook younger buyers and I think their biggest issue will be the incredible variety of excellent, cost effective bikes from Asia and Europe.   IMHO they will always be in the shadow of the Japanese until they are no longer a mass mfr.  Probably not to many more years from now.

We'll see what comes on down the line next.  Maybe we'll get lucky and Porsche can show them again how to make a modern engine, maybe it will take this time.

06 KTM 250 XC-W
99 Vmax
89 Venture Royale

Hank

IMO, the ADV prototype looks interesting..  Looks heavy, but that could be completely deceiving.  Chunky is maybe a better term.

The street fighter looks completely kick ass to me.     Hopefully it doesn't share the same fate as the V-rod, where Willie G apparently got to restyle it and it became the genre confused thing that it is.
If so, wait for it to have 2" of ground clearance and floor boards next to the front axle.

greatbuffalo

I think its funny how they want us to believe they are forward thinking. The same guys are in place that sent Eric Buell packing saying that HD was never, and will never be in the sport and adventure bike market

Its interesting that when losing huge market share, all of a sudden its a good idea..  Puzzled.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?