Previous topic - Next topic

NDirt Rider

I have a new addition to the garage today a 2016 Honda African Twin DCT

Black Hawk

Black Hawk SD in the summer
Yuma AZ in the winter

KLE650 for the Black Hills

NDirt Rider

Thanks I like it too can't wait for winter to end and I can start modifying it to get it how I want it

Lonesome Dave

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Hank

greatbuffalo

Very cool! I will be interested to hear your thoughts on the DCT.

Its gotten mixed reviews. I would really like to try it. I was very skeptical at first as I fave tried other "automatics" in the past and wasn't impressed. Now that technology has improved and I'm more used to the idea, I'm intrigued.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

NDirt Rider

It was a hard choice to make I don't need it but most of the things I have read or watched it seems like it's the way to go especially when you are tired after a long day you just give it throttle and not worry about shifting and watch your line. I can't wait to ride it hopefully we get some warm weather to melt the snow soon.

sleddog

I got to ride DCT & manual last summer while at the Horizons Unlimited Meeting in BC. I was way impressed. Like GB, I'm old school & didn't even give the DCT a thought until the next day when talking to the Honda rep & a couple others that had ridden it. So, I signed up & was impressed. The suspension is spot on too! Only thing that compares is the electronic suspension on the GS's.

Honda hit it out of the park with this one.

locopny

I am really considering an AT...even rode the new Goldwing just to try the DCT last week....as I'd never given it much thought.  What's your opinion on a DCT for riding in Big Bike gravel and road conditions.  How is the 2 up scenarios?  Yeah...would be for me and my gal for the times she is willing to join me on the adventures....not on the CBR.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

sandhillrider

locopny heres one.
Its on the Omaha Adventure Rider face book page.
I can get contact info if you need it, can't move pictures but it looks like new.

We are selling April's decked out Africa Twin. It's a 2016 with only 2059 miles on it. It has over $2200 in accessories. Sw motech hand guards $152.60, bar risers $79.95, touratech adv pegs $189.95, brake reservoir cover $47.95, touratech headlight cover $139.95, sw motech chain guard $129.95, touratech kick stand pad $69.95, sw motech skid plate $282, Honda crash bars $349.95, Honda center stand $199.95, gps mount $59.95, tusk pannier racks that are new in the box, has brand new knobby tires, comes with the stock tires that are like new. $10,000 gets it all.

locopny

sure. 

I'm being encouraged to look seriously at one.  A GoldWing can wait....(her words).   And it wasn't even discussed about it replacing anything....who Am I to argue with that?

EDIT>
I joined up and found the bike you mentioned.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

sandhillrider

Locopny

heres the contact
Sether

It looks like new. If I can be of any help let me know.