News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Trip to Southern Hills May 7-9, Staying at Hill City

Started by Trl_Rdr, April 26, 2009, 03:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trl_Rdr

I will be in the area riding on Thursday - Saturday. Staying at the Best western Golden Spike in Hill City. Arriving Thursday, departing Sunday. I hope the snow has stopped falling by then!!! I think at least two other riders will be there. Does anyone have any trails we should check out or if you like, join us for a while.
01 XR650R - Plated, an endangered species in NE
09 GL1800 - for towing the above to riding areas

fringefan

We just got a bunch of real wet snow and I think it is suposed to rain off and on the rest of the week so it is going to be tuff to find trails to ride unless we get a couple real warm and windy days.  >:(

loingrader

come on fringe.  throw on some good knobbies and fling some mud!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro

Sportfaller

I live right next door to the golden spike, we had about 6 inches this weekend.  The 10 day forecast is looking like 50's and chances of rain :-\   There are a few good trails around this time of year, most Forest Service gates open the 1st, and that will open more country, but the weather and trail conditions are pretty piss poor!
Josh
"Now the chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy galls, run freely through the woods!"

Trl_Rdr

Thanks to Sportfaller, Repairs were finished quickly and a fun time was had in the Snow & mud. Go here for a report: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462095
Everyone made it back home, some a bit damp & colder than others.  ;D
01 XR650R - Plated, an endangered species in NE
09 GL1800 - for towing the above to riding areas

loingrader

nice report.  it is fun anytime out there, but dry, sunny 70 degree days really rock.  can't wait till june!
You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro