News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

DDSR ski team

Started by Fletch, October 01, 2018, 02:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

I have never fallen off the chairlift before, but now twice this year!  Is this a pattern?  Several weeks ago my granddaughter crossed in front of me as we were getting off the lift and tripped me up.  :P  Now yesterday.  I actually think I stayed on the seat too long and was starting to take me back to the bottom, (senior moment) at that point the chair pushed me over.  But, none of these were my fault!  :o

I can tell you getting back up on your skies on level snow when your old, fat, and weak is really hard to do!

Thanks to Gerry for my birthday gift, a printed sweatshirt, "I do all my own stunts."  And, both Mike and Gerry for all the beer.

It was lots of fun.  8)

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Sounds like a fun day made all the better by watching Dave do his own stunts. ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ADV Piglet

Glad to hear you didn't fall off mid-ride and that you're ok. Happy birthday Dave

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fletch

were you up yesterday (Tuesday) Gerry?  Shawna and I both thought I saw you, but could never catch up to you?
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Fletch

if the forecast is accurate should have great snow for the weekend, see you there!

ADV Piglet

Hope Lead seeing some snow.  Haven't seen one flake yet of the 1-2' snow we are supposed to be getting in RC today.  Even put myself through the torture of Walmart last night preparing for this snowpocalypse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Fletch

lol... I know!! but once it started it appears to be getting with it!   Hope for a lot up on the hill.

Lonesome Dave

I hope to go on Friday.  I have to get dug out first!  Then my pickup broke today as I was going home in a blizzard.  Alternator again, fourth or fifth one in last 10 years.  >:(  I'll probably go Saturday and/or Sunday too.  I'll be in touch.

Gerry is out of luck, he's in Pacific northwest area. 
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

snow report looks great! If I get my snow moved tonight I will be up tomorrow. planning on Saturday and Sunday as well!   

Lonesome Dave

Snow cleared and truck fixed.  Probably do a little more snow tomorrow morning.  Then go skiing.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

Abercrombie

Damn I hate living so far away and missing all the fun with you folks.  On top of all that, I have new tires and the Beta suspension tuned up for my weight ready for the spring rally and a dang family function pops up I can't get out of.

greatbuffalo

I may be up there tomorrow as well Fletch. I will let you know.

*EDIT*  Ain't gonna happen. Not a road open North, East, South or West out of Gordon NE.

Maybe will come out on Monday and ski Tues or Wednesday is anyone can finagle that. 

greatbuffalo

Anyone want to ski Tuesday or Wednesday of this week? I know its a big ask....

Fletch

would love to, but I'm going to be stuck at work.

Lonesome Dave

I can't either.  Not sure if Gerry is back in SD yet.  Joel, was talking about going one of those days.
Older - Wiser - Faster !