News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Lost my exhaust

Started by fringefan, August 08, 2008, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fringefan

I am cruising on my way home from casper via a stop in gillette and sundance and just out side of Sturgis I hear what sounded like a Harley with straight pipes just flying up on me. After I brace the handle bars for this psyco to blow by me I check the mirrors and see no crazy biker but a couple ladies in a minivan. I start looking around and hit the gas to find that the noise got louder and then got quiet when I let off the gas. The funny part was I must have looked at the bike for 20-30 seconds before I realized that the exhaust pipe was gone.

I have to say it did not sound half bad with a helmet on but man once that comes off it is frickin loud. It actually felt good riding past all the Harleys and watching them cringe because of the noise as sped by.

flexlarson

That is funny............Might be a great opportunity to buy the Aftermarket exhaust of your dreams .  8)
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

LittleJacket

did you find the pipe?  if you did, can you put it back on?  were did it come loose?  You're having bad luck my friend. 

The good news on my bike-I tuned it and it is running like a raped ape!  Brian-we might need to have a rematch on our race through the badlands (I got destroyed!)-the bad news-38 mpg.  I might just take the hit on mpg and rock it out the way it is.  If my bike is faster than brian's, it will stay.  if not-more tuning. 
rpjohnso

fringefan

I was in the pasing lane on the interstate just outside of sturgis and no I did not go back but probably should have. I thought it was just a hole in the header pipe so I headed  to the rest stop. I thought about the pipe but wanted to spend the money on a new rear shock instead

You should check into the bigbore kit and maybe even check into a bottle of NOS for that KLR. 

fringefan

Found the exhaust and I bought a new one. Guy called and said it was done a few minutes ago so I will check it out and see how it sounds.

I will post some pics when I get it home.

Jared

Yikes!  Was it just a matter of not checking the bolts?
I noticed one of the screws on my header heat shield was missing the other day, so I just screwed another one that fit in the hole.

fringefan

That might have been a good idea but since I had lunch at the subway in Sundance looking at my bike I did not see any reason to check them.

The tractor muffler is working pretty good so when I get a chance to post some pics I will.

Welcome back Aqua, how was the trip to the west coast?

fringefan

Did I mention the new one is better than the stock one and it is almost as quiet :)