News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2019 SPRING RALLY

Started by Lonesome Dave, November 26, 2018, 08:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

Hey everyone!  I know it's early to be thinking about the 2019 Spring Rally, but I was approached today by Chip Monahan, administrator for the Omaha Adventure Riders (OAR) group that they were interested in attending our Spring Rally and wanted to get the dates.  OAR has come out to the hills in the past for trail riding and now has a couple of our members Sandhill Rider and myself as members.  This past August, they came out for 3 days of riding and Sandhill Rider was going to come with them, but had to bail for other commitments.  So I went riding with them and had a blast. 

I told Chip today that the Spring Rally would probably be June 13th or 20th at Fish N Fry.  The last couple of years we've been kind of lazy getting things planned for the rally, especially the fall rally.  So I'm proposing we "git-r-done."  And in-fact I propose we make a date and set it up for the fall rally instead of trying to find what's available later.  But for now, lets get the Spring Rally date set.

Please look at your spring schedules and give some input.  I told Chip it would take a week or so for us to decide on the date.  I for one don't care.  I'd say that OAR would probably bring about 6 to 12 riders and a whole lot of fun.  Check them out on Facebook, they have lots of stuff going on all the time.

HANK, can you move this post to the Rally section.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

Either of those dates work for us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wacked

WOW .....  Way to be decisive and pull the trigger Dave!

I'll put it on the calendar

Wacked

sandhillrider

13th or 20th works for us. Better call fish and fry and see if one is more open than the other if your adding that many.

tannerc

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

mseabs436

I'd prefer the 13Th but this far ahead I can make provisions!  This will get me through winter nicely folks!
No matter where you go, there you are...

Fletch

my schedule changes all the time so it doesn't matter to me. I'll try to show up and ride with the single track crew whenever it is.. oh, ya, and for beer too!! ;D
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

locopny

Either will likely work for me, but I like the 13th better if you make me choose.  I joined the OAR group too.

Is this what Dave means by herding cats? 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

Once again I'm going to say I'm IN, and this time I'm gonna make it, damnit.    I might just go buy a new two stroke to force the issue.

I would also prefer the 13th.

I'm a member of the OAR group on the Facebook as well.

Kevin

I am planning to be there for the entire event, I put both dates in my calendar!
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Lonesome Dave

We'll give it another couple of days, but starting to look like the 13th.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Pick one and I will see what happens. Now that I am traveling I have no clue where I will be on either of those dates.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

It looks like the 13th of June.  I'm waiting for Michelle from Fish n Fry to call me back to make sure everything is good on that weekend.
I'll let ya know.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Thank you for taking the lead on this Dave.  ;D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

Okay then.  I talked to Michelle at Fish N Fry this past weekend.  They are good with either date.  It looks like several don't care which date and 4 or 5 others would rather have the June 13th.

So without further ado the 2019 Spring / Summer Rally is set for June 13, 14,15, & 16th, 2019 at Fish n Fry.

Will someone (Stacy / Hank) please make up a fancy sign-up post on a new thread; 2019 Spring / Summer Rally.
Whew!

Older - Wiser - Faster !