News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2019 SPRING RALLY

Started by Lonesome Dave, November 26, 2018, 08:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abercrombie

Well let me be the first to say i think I'm in and I believe Mike "mseabs436" and Jordan might also be along.   

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on December 11, 2018, 07:24:41 PM

Will someone (Stacy / Hank) please make up a fancy sign-up post on a new thread; 2019 Spring / Summer Rally.
Whew!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ADV Piglet

Sure. Tonight or this weekend, unless Hank beats me too it

locopny

Quote from: Abercrombie on December 12, 2018, 12:11:11 AM
Well let me be the first to say i think I'm in and I believe Mike "mseabs436" and Jordan might also be along.   
ditto that.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

ADV Piglet

Hank didn't beat me to it I see. Sign-up thread has been created.  See you all in 6 1/2 months!!  ;D

Hank

Quote from: ADV Piglet on December 21, 2018, 04:41:35 PM
Hank didn't beat me to it I see. Sign-up thread has been created.  See you all in 6 1/2 months!!  ;D

Thanks! :)

xr4

Schedule for Bong and Co. is unpredictable at best. I'll be in Sioux falls for an internship and Tom (Chewy) will be in Houston Tx for an internship, we'll see what we can do though

DA-SANDNAPPER

Probably a dumb question:

Do I need to buy a permit for trails during the dual sport ride in June?  I have a Nebraska licensed motorcycle, but I'm thinking I probably also need one of those trail permits?

Rob

Fletch

yes, you will need a Black hills permit.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

Bike Mooching!!!

So I've befriended this quasi midget friend.  He's maybe 5'6 and a semi-newb.  Had a cruiser 5yrs ago and then no bike as he got stationed overseas.

He'd like to hang out at DDSR; no $$ as he just got stationed at Ellsworth and picked up a new truck and house in the last few months.  We did some gravel and fat 2-track yesterday and he did good until we stopped to talk - flopped my mighty DRZ once on the right side and once on the left cause he couldn't make it far enough to the ground. 

Anybody got a flogged XT225 or similar that he could beat during the rally???

Thanks

Wacked

grubbie

I dunno about "flogged", but I could bring Heidi's 230L, would probably be perfect. Same seat height as an XT. She doesn't ride much anymore but she may want to take it for a gravel tour one afternoon. Other than that it would be his to ride. She didn't ride it once last year, I rode some fence lines with it up in the hill country. It is getting lonely and could use a few miles under it.

Wacked

Thanks Rob!

I talked to Arlen and he is stoked!  He'll plan on being at the rally.....

Wacked

Lonesome Dave

FYI; Today, 5-13 is officially one month from the start of the Spring Rally!   :o  When we started this thread, it seemed like a long time until June.  Now it's just around the corner!

For you out of town people, BH Forest Service postponed the opening of the seasonal trails.  On May 15th they are suppose to be opened, but they have decided it's too wet right now.  I'm sure they'll be opened within a week or so after.  Unless it snows again.

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

Snow?? That would suck. Let hope for a month of mild weather and fair winds to dry things out. Neil Young led a chant at Woodstock in 1969. Lets replicate that chant now. NO MORE RAIN! NO MORE RAIN! MO MORE RAIN!!!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

ADV Piglet

Snow forecasted in the hills the next 3 nights. But wait, it gets worse. The 14-day weather forecast shows rain 13 of 14 days.