Main Menu

2019 SPRING RALLY

Started by Lonesome Dave, November 26, 2018, 08:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Or take a couple KLR Super Tankers with you.  :D
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

Any updates on the trail conditions/closures?

Quote from: Wacked on May 26, 2019, 10:34:37 PM

SCOUTING - A Shy 2 Weeks before Rally

Water and Snow - Yep, it's legit.  Dave and I struck out at 11:00 on a west-ward loop to fiquire out how Rally can happen. 

I read the official bulletin from the forest service - all trails (those are labeled with 4 digits) and seasonal areas  (trails and roads bordered by grey) have been closed due to the wet weather

First stop was Victoria lake area.  It's fairly wet but there are several fun/entertaining roads that run thru there.  We may not be able to go on all the trails we have explored in the past but there's still some fun to be had in this zone

Next we headed towards Hill City and Deerfield.  I thought it was suprizingly dry.  We talked to a group of UTV's that had been south of Ditch Creek - their report was positive and we are fairly certain that the SE will be quite passible.  Dust was kicking up on the roads as we headed further west.  Dave spent some time smoozing-up a local land-owner for some land access.  After some heavy but kissing, he got the go-ahead.  We went further west and that region is very passible. 

Eventually, we turned around and snaked back thru Black Fox and headed east to Rochford and Sugar Shack

Thats where things got interesting.  Just after Rochford, it got WET.  It's wet all the way to Nemo.  That whole area is more than saturated ....  and .... we still got a couple of days with a lot of rain.

So, it's my opinion that the FS will not open the trails and seasonal areas before Rally

BUT

I do think we still have some decent riding.  It's just that we will have to travel to get to the riding.

For those of us Jones'in for some single track, I'm afraid it may not happen in the next 2-3 weeks.  My poor, sexy Beta, will likely be grounded for the Rally.

Keep this in mind as you consider what bike-weapon-of-choice and gear you are hoping to bring.

Wacked

sandhillrider

NFS says they will open most trails this weekend!!!!

greatbuffalo

Cool!!!!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Wacked

Scouted a little this afternoon as Dave and I were unsure exactly what the Newton and Nugget areas are.  These remain shut down along with some specific numbered trails by the BHNFS.  This area ends up being one DDSR's favorite haunts - Miners Hotel and road 249. 

The good news is that the road from 3 Forks to Slate Creek is open and I assume it's good to go all the way over to Mystic

Wacked

tannerc

Thursday Mid Day I am going to run some mixed single/double track check on trail conditions and see what things are like out there. Friday I can lead a group of folks that want to do the single track. Saturday I am going to do some double track trail/forest road exploring. I have to do a shake down on the Beta on Saturday to see how the Lectron is running and how it handles the Higher elevations. If anyone wants to join in on any of these days LMK. The Friday single track day I would like no more then six riders as it gets tough to keep everyone in the group together, I guess really I can say that for any of the days, at least 2 no more then 6.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ross/xt350

Well I was going to be super ready to go but on the final shake down ride today the xt decided it doesn't want to go so it locked its oil pump up. Just wondering if anyone does rides that are big clumsy adv bike friendly. I could maybe still cruise down on the versys. Or maybe I'll just see you in the fall.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship

Wacked

I know GreatBuffalo was planning a "Big Bike Twisty Ride" - Look him up!

Wacked

On subject of GreatBuffalo - DAN - Look him up when you get to the Rally. 

He's been all over the hills on all types of tracks.  He's a great resource who can guide you to what/where/and who to ride with.

Fletch

I'm out, been sick for the last 2 weeks so have to work Thursday and Friday. then kids are coming home for the weekend so hopefully see you all in the fall.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

I'm out too.  Just been driving too damn much lately and can't get motivated to rack up another 800.
Its been too long, but I'll have to try again in the fall.
Have a blast, everyone!

greatbuffalo

Sorry to hear that Hank. Have a relaxing weekend.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Kevin

Quote from: tannerc on June 12, 2019, 08:56:32 AM
Thursday Mid Day I am going to run some mixed single/double track check on trail conditions and see what things are like out there. Friday I can lead a group of folks that want to do the single track. Saturday I am going to do some double track trail/forest road exploring. I have to do a shake down on the Beta on Saturday to see how the Lectron is running and how it handles the Higher elevations. If anyone wants to join in on any of these days LMK. The Friday single track day I would like no more then six riders as it gets tough to keep everyone in the group together, I guess really I can say that for any of the days, at least 2 no more then 6.

I am here at FNF site 54 ready to shake down the TM on single track,
Look ahead and you'll shred...

ross/xt350

Decided to take the adv bike. It's a little heavy for me to unload myself. Anyone going to be around tonight if I need a hand unloading it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2000 xt350
2013 tw200
2018 bashan brozz 250 blue eagle deluxe #1 hotdog cowboy rocketship

Wacked