News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

690R ....... Tell Me Why

Started by Wacked, November 27, 2018, 02:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Why is nobody in this group riding one?

(Sorry Robert, haven't seen you in a couple of years)

Seems that 2018 pricing is competitive.  Seems that it would would check many boxes on how/what this group rides. 

What am I missing

Wacked

Fletch

I would love to have one, but two kids in college prevents that  ::)

to me it's too small of a niche. I'f I'm riding off road I prefer single track so the 300 works best. If I'm out exploring I have to drive several hours of highway so the 1190 is more comfy. but one day, one fine day......
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Bogus Jim

2018's have a killer price for sure. I guess no one wants them, with the 2019 coming out.

mseabs436

I've kind of been wondering the same thing!  Wacked, as you know I'm bike shopping, and these, (KTM 690) as well as the Husky 701 have been on the radar.  Does anyone know if the 690 is like the other KTM thumpers where a guy needs to throw on an exhaust and programmer right out of the chute? 
No matter where you go, there you are...

Robmicgrn

If i had to get rid of all my bikes but one, I would keep the 690. I dont know what they are priced at now, but it is the best all around machine for me. It will handle most off-road situations well and eat up highway miles. For me, its a great middle of the spectrum bike. I farkled mine, but it is not necessary. Chickenhauler (Ken) rides his bone stock, no issues. Its a fun bike.

Whacked saw you at a breakfast earlier this year. I have been off this site for the last six months or so, busy with work...............
"You don't know how fast you can go till you crash"

Hank

Quote from: Robmicgrn on December 12, 2018, 05:34:53 PM
If i had to get rid of all my bikes but one, I would keep the 690. I dont know what they are priced at now, but it is the best all around machine for me. It will handle most off-road situations well and eat up highway miles. ...............

I had a 690, but only briefly.   At the time I just had too many motorcycles that all overlapped each other.   But even though I sold it, I said the same thing.  If I had to settle for one bike and one bike only, it would be a 690.     
Come to think of it - you rode mine Wacked.

Lonesome Dave

I think you orange candy boys have forgotten there are other flavors out there!  :o

Let's see...............if I only had one bike and I had to chose between all my different KTM's, I'd chose my (wait for it) KTM!!  :evil

I'm sure Fletch will say something now!

Oh yeah, Hi Robert, missed you!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

Fletch

Other flavors? What you talking about?

once one reaches motorcycle nirvana the search ends...... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bogus Jim

Dave is right... Orange is not the only color, KTM's also come in Blue.

Fletch