News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2018 DDSR Christmas Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Lonesome Dave, November 28, 2018, 07:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonesome Dave

So here's the idea.  Last year we had a impromptu Christmas Party at Fletch's house.  There was about 8 to 10 people and was a lot of fun.  Stacy and I were talking earlier this week and she remembered we were going to try to have a proper party this year.  So here we go!

I called Fletch today and he's down for another party at his place.  Thanks Fletch.  So right now I'm throwing this out there to see who all can come.  Our preliminary plan is to have it on Saturday evening December 8th.  This also happens to be the same date for our "breakfast Saturday" we would normally have.  So my idea is to skip the breakfast this month and all meet for the Second Annual DDSR Christmas Party.

Just like last year, everybody brings snacks and their own drinks.  More on that later.  So, WHAT DO YA THINK?  Any interest? 

I think this would be a great time for all the members of the DDSR Ski Team to get together and trade stories.

Please everyone check your Xmas schedules and let us know if you and yours can make it.  Mike, Stacy & I don't want be the only ones there.  So SPEAK UP!
LD
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

Thanks for hosting again Mike!
Had a lot of fun last year. Hope everyone can make it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

locopny

Ugh.  I would be up for it, but I'm already scheduled that afternoon.
I assume Fletch lives around Rapid?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Bogus Jim

Quote from: locopny on November 29, 2018, 04:45:14 AM
Ugh.  I would be up for it, but I'm already scheduled that afternoon.
I assume Fletch lives around Rapid?

Fletch lives on a huge horse ranch. And there is a 3,000 sq. ft. heated garage just for his KTM's (motorcycles, for the layperson). I'm pretty sure you can see the buildings from google earth.

Fletch

Jim exaggerates like crazy! it a shipping container with a milkhouse heater.

but, the garage is heated this year so we can handle more people!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

locopny

I'm busy until around 4pm-ish....how far from Aberdeen? I guess I could search large horse farm or small shipping container in SD.....I'm bound to find it right?  😁
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Lonesome Dave

Tom you can ride that new bike, you should be here by midnight!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

locopny

Quote from: Lonesome Dave on December 01, 2018, 01:15:55 PM
Tom you can ride that new bike, you should be here by midnight!

haha.  yeah....I was afraid of that.  What could possibly go wrong with that scenario?  I'm not a great ice rider...I'm much better on dirt. Which might not say much...haha

Well I guess I'll catch you all another time.  June at FishNFry?
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L

Fletch

If you are interested please let us know. If there isn't any interest we will move on to plan B

ADV Piglet

Will plan B include drinking beer as well?

Fletch

ADV Piglet

Quote from: Fletch on December 03, 2018, 04:54:18 PM
of course, what a silly question... ::)
Asking for a friend

Lonesome Dave

Good timing Fletch!  I think we should start moving onto plan "B."  After a lot of discussion, deliberation, and thought, this past Saturday morning, Fletch, Bogus, and I decided to do an old man style party.  You know, start kinda early, end early, and be kinda drunk and in bed by 10 o'clock.  We will see if we get any more takers.

So, I was thinking maybe around 4 pm at Minerva's or McKenzie River.  They both have pretty good group seating, at least at that time of day.  Have cocktails and then supper, or move and go somewhere else. 

Right now the IN list is; Fletch, Bogus Jim, Stacy & Pete, and I.  Sure would like to get some more input here or some maybes.

If anybody thinks we need to start earlier or later or maybe a different place they like to go, SPEAK up!
Older - Wiser - Faster !

ADV Piglet

Or Plan C:
Breakfast as usual and then start drinking.

We are fine with any of the options.

Bogus Jim

I vote Minerva's since we all live a mile from there.  Except Lonesome Dave who doesn't live a mile from anywhere. So he doesn't count.