ADV Piglet

Quote from: ADV Piglet on February 23, 2019, 06:44:55 PM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Stacy & Pete / piglet & petros
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: friday
DATE LEAVING: sunday
Cabin

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I have family coming to visit this same weekend so Pete & I will be around to ride Friday only.

If anyone needs a sleeping cabin I just emailed FNF to cancel my reservation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kevin

Quote from: Fletch on March 27, 2019, 08:39:35 AM
I'll most likely just show up in the morning looking for single track riders.

I am up for single track, I will be in spot 54 at FNF...
Look ahead and you'll shred...

ZIGGY

Quote from: ZIGGY on March 06, 2019, 09:22:13 AM
NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:ZIGGY
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:0
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

If there's a list. I'm afraid you'll have to cross me off. Ruptured a disk in my lower back. Probably done for the year :'(

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

IYAAYAS

Just recovered from sugery for the same issue. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZIGGY

Thanks guys. Hasn't been much fun with the sciatic pain as well. Glad your surgery went well, IYAAYAS. I've heard conflicting outcomes, but I may end up going that route too.

IYAAYAS

Sounds like you have the exact same symptoms i had. I feel your pain... if its any peace of mind, the surgery has made a significant difference.

Hank

I had a camper site reserved, but knew it wasn't a sure deal.   Ended up cancelling that, but I still might make it for at least part of the rally and tenting it.
Sounds like its going to be a big one!    I hope to see you all there!

Brooksie Pollack

My 1st time to this rally.  Do you use roll charts or GPS for route directions? Thank you

locopny

Quote from: Brooksie Pollack on June 08, 2019, 08:18:43 PM
My 1st time to this rally.  Do you use roll charts or GPS for route directions? Thank you

I just follow Lonesome Dave.

I think a few have GPS/Avenza maps. 
Have a few photos for us poor shlubs that can't make it this time.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

IYAAYAS

Everyone usually brakes into groups in the morning. Typically there is a group lead that knows the area very well. If you plan on splitting off at any point a GPS / Avanza maps app will be useful. If you plan on staying with a group just just enjoy the ride!

Wacked

Brooksie -

If you don't do a dedicated GPS, I would for sure down-load the free AVENZA app on your smart-phone.  There's 3 maps you need to be fully covered

- Mystic Ranger District MVUM
- Hell Canyon Ranger District MVUM
- Northern Hills Ranger District MVUM
     ..... each of these maps is a direct overlay of the official BHNF

Do this before you get to FnF!

Paper maps seem to be great for planning but the GPS phone apps usually seem to be better when you are on the trail sorting out why you've gone in the same circle for a 3rd time.

Riding seems to happen all different ways for this group.  Sometimes a couple of people want to explore on their own.  Sometimes group of like-minded souls will form and head out to a specific place or feature (like spending the day chasing fire lookout towers, looking for Elk, or heading over to Devils Tower), sometimes a small group will link up with a local rider and flog the trails that he/she knows.

There will be some maps to look over when you get to FnF.  Talk to some of the locals or frequent offenders when you get there and they can likely point you in the right direction.

FYI - there are many areas in the BHNF where your cell phone will not have reception BUT your phones GPS will still work W/O cell signal

greatbuffalo

Good info Whacked. Your the bomb!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

Quote from: greatbuffalo on June 09, 2019, 07:47:40 PM
Good info Whacked. Your the bomb!

yep! Well said.
I added to my map list.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

sprout

We are not going to make it this year. Had to cancel res. at fish and fry today. Still trying to get hay put up. Guess I will not be doing any ST on the big honda 2 up this year. Will miss seeing Jerry's wife also!! ;)! Will try to get out there in the fall.

Should be another rv spot open now.