News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Hello the camp from (ugh) Iowa

Started by rdstrain49, December 29, 2018, 03:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdstrain49

It's been 5 or 6 years since I've posted here.  In that time we moved from rural Custer to rural southern Iowa.  I've suffered four major injuries, none bike related.  I swear, I'm going to start acting my age, someday.  Anyhow, I sold my KLR when we moved, figured there wouldn't be much use for it here. Since getting settled in Iowa I've found a 1st and 2nd gen KLRs.  Our road is so bad I had to find something I could ride, the HD simply is not up to the task much of the time.  Now instead of complaining about our bad road, I find myself hunting up more bad/fun roads to ride.

Looking at the June Rally, I think I'm in.  Provided I don't get hurt again.  Haven't stayed at Fish n Fry for many years, should be a blast.  Even though Ray has been gone for some time It will be good to stop in at Trevino's for a walk down memory lane.  Looking forward to getting reacquainted with this motley crew.  See ya in warmer weather.

Lonesome Dave

Welcome back rd!

Check out Omaha Adventure Riders on Facebook.  They are a very active group in the Omaha area.  A group of them are planning on attending our June Rally in June.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

rdstrain49