News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Moab April 2019

Started by Hank, January 02, 2019, 01:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

Four of us sorry east river guys have booked a condo in the Rim village area of Moab, checking in 4.26, out 5.1.19.

Plenty of places available in the 'hood if anyone else wants to pull together another group.      Is always a fun time!!

This is where we will be:

https://www.vrbo.com/512061

Kevin

Probably a dumb question, but what kind of riding will you be doing?  Maybe a better question, what two wheeled weaponry is best suited for this outing?  ???
Look ahead and you'll shred...

tannerc

Hmm, Ive got to get down there... maybe this should be the year. ..  :evil
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Hank

Clay - yes you should!

Kevin - rocks, then some rocks, then some sand, then some rocks and sand.    Difficulty ranges from so easy your grandma could do it, to holy shit no way.     We generally try to stick to things that are fun but won't hurt us.

Bikes in the current group would include a KTM 300 XC-W (me) (and maybe my 400 XC-W if there is room), WR250F, WR450F, and a KTM 500 EXC.

tannerc

I put in the dates for time off at work... Now I will have to see what the wife says hehe ;D
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Kevin

Quote from: Hank on January 03, 2019, 01:00:35 PM
Clay - yes you should!

Kevin - rocks, then some rocks, then some sand, then some rocks and sand.    Difficulty ranges from so easy your grandma could do it, to holy shit no way.     We generally try to stick to things that are fun but won't hurt us.

Bikes in the current group would include a KTM 300 XC-W (me) (and maybe my 400 XC-W if there is room), WR250F, WR450F, and a KTM 500 EXC.

Ok thanks, that is what I was guessing.  I have ridden Moab, but that was years ago. 
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Hank

Anyone else planning on going at this point?

tannerc

Im going to have to bail on this..   >:(

Too much going on at work this spring.  :-\

I will make it one of these yrs..

sprout

Yes! Going to plan on making it :D

greatbuffalo

Would like to but I too have too many things going on this spring.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

guess not as the renter just signed another one year lease for the place in UT. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Hank

We had a guy drop out so we only have 3 in the condo as of now.   4 would be completely comfortable and even 5 would be fine... so let me know if anyone is interested.

Abercrombie

Quote from: Hank on April 04, 2019, 03:41:36 PM
We had a guy drop out so we only have 3 in the condo as of now.   4 would be completely comfortable and even 5 would be fine... so let me know if anyone is interested.

I may be interested if there is still room, although it would depend on timing for the return trip.  Would you be blasting home in one day on May 1st or laying up part way home making it a two day trip? 

Hank

Sent you a PM.   We always make the trip in a day.   Its about 17 hours from Watertown, so a long day, but doable.

Abercrombie

Quote from: Hank on April 08, 2019, 08:41:07 AM
Sent you a PM.   We always make the trip in a day.   Its about 17 hours from Watertown, so a long day, but doable.

Sounds like it will work for me.  I assume you work till five so I'll call this evening.