News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Beta Factory Suspension

Started by Abercrombie, February 28, 2019, 03:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abercrombie

Well, the Beta 500 rode so much better than the Honda XR650L that I thought I could get by without upgrading the springs.  As the suspension broke in and I became more confident on the Beta it was apparent that I needed to get it resprung for my weight that hasn't been going the right direction lately.  The final straw was when I hauled the Beta down to Death Valley last month to do some desert riding.  It was the first that I realized that the suspension was obviously struggling under my weight and I was never able to get the sag correct in the first place.

I figured if I was going to get appropriate weight springs bumped up two sizes I might as well have the whole enchilada and get it revalved as well.  I chose to send it off to Beta Factory Suspension to let them do their magic.  It seemed to be a little more expensive than other suspension shops but I figured they would know what they were doing and they made it so easy.  For the price of their service they mailed me the special built shipping box and the suspension upgrade price included shipping the boingers back and forth to California. 

Only a couple months of winter left in the frozen tundra so I better have her ready to go by spring.   >:(

Fletch

trust me it will be the best money you ever spent on bike parts. IMO nothing makes a bigger difference in your riding than proper suspension.  I use Checkpoint for dirtbike stuff and Superplush for adventure bike and streetbikes. Very happy with both of them!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Hank

Totally agree!   Even old and crappy riders can tell the difference - and yes I speak from experience.

Hank

You might want to upgrade your footwear too, judging by the picture.

greatbuffalo

Have been thinking about having Superplush do my S10
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Abercrombie

Quote from: Hank on February 28, 2019, 04:03:37 PM
You might want to upgrade your footwear too, judging by the picture.

I'm afraid that I won't live long enough to wear out all the motorcycle boots I already have but I still find it hard to pass up a deal on a new pair of Sidi boots.    ::)