News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

NEW BMW guy

Started by flexlarson, May 04, 2009, 11:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flexlarson

Looks like Im now one of these guys  :evil
Picking up an 01 Dakar. Got a good deal from a great guy in Colorado. 2000 miles on it
"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.
... it gets harder before it gets hard.... Get up here..

The Yeti

Congrats!! Can't wait too see you hump that thing through Camp 5!!  I'm sure it won't pose much of a problem for a rider such as yerself.
"You want me to ride up THAT?!"

Hank

Sweet!   Where are the pics?!?    We demand pics, damnit!

Dustin

flexlarson

"Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. do it.

flexlarson

guess I dont know how to post pics anymore
[url]http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=1781463438/url]
[url]http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs097.snc1/4719_1153613603907_1334694867_400712_6595845_s.jpg/url]

The Yeti

I think your pics may not be working cause they're from Facebook....gotta have an account to log in to see them as well. Not everyone (me included) has a Facebook account. Put 'em on Photobucket!

hayduke.klr07

my bos just bought an '05 dakar, 13K.  he is finishing his MSC tomorrow.  will put him in the dirt this weekend!  i think he got a pretty good deal.  it sure is sexy next my KLR.  or maybe my KLR is just Fugly.

wyowillys46

Was that the one for sale over at Sturgis Motorsports?

The Yeti

This is a pretty old thread, he got the GS in spring of '09.

Edit: Nevermind...you're probably talking to Hayduke.   ;D

Caseyjones

I was just at Sturgis Motorsports this afternoon, that line of F800 dual sport machinery is seriously calling me out to make some bad decisions.  I was also oogling at that 1000cc sport bike BMW has. phreakkin wow, what a sexy machine that is.

I like the KLR just fine but the lack of power is going to be the biggest problem since I'm doing much more 2up than anticipated.

plumber mike

Quote from: Caseyjones on May 27, 2010, 06:57:18 PM
I was just at Sturgis Motorsports this afternoon, that line of F800 dual sport machinery is seriously calling me out to make some bad decisions.  I was also oogling at that 1000cc sport bike BMW has. phreakkin wow, what a sexy machine that is.

I like the KLR just fine but the lack of power is going to be the biggest problem since I'm doing much more 2up than anticipated.

X2 on the 800's.

GS Flavor for me.

It's a nice new store and we should help them pay for it ::)

Caseyjones

I could have spent 100,000k in there just on a small handful of bikes today.  I was looking at that 30th anny F800 GS, good thing I don't have more credit!

The Yeti

Quote from: Caseyjones on May 27, 2010, 06:57:18 PM
I was also oogling at that 1000cc sport bike BMW has. phreakkin wow, what a sexy machine that is.

That's the new S1000R...been drooling over that one myself for a couple months. I read a shoot out in Cycle World and it beat all the other liter bikes hands down - torque, HP, 1/4 mile, braking...everything. An amazing machine. 183 horse power!   :o

Caseyjones

God bless the Germans!!!!

The air cooled VWs, the crappy Mercedes diesel I drive that refuses to die and now this.  As the money presents its self everything I own with moving parts will be German made. Next of course is a bike.  I know if I buy a 1000R I will be in jail soon with a revoked license but I could possibly make some room in my frontroom for GS1200 and an F800.