News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

India Aug 2019

Started by Wizard, May 04, 2018, 02:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizard

I am looking at organizing a trip to ride in Northern India.  The link below is the company and has a base itinerary for the type of tour that we are looking at.  What we have right now are a few of my friends in India, One which has used this company before and would be riding with us.   Myself, Dan, Nathaniel, and Joel are going scheduled to go so far.  I would would say it is a 15 day trip.  2 in 1 out and 11 tour, that leaves us an extra  The tour would cost in USD approximately 1K  the flights to New Delhi are around 1500, International Driver License is like 50 or less.  Some of these are ballparks and maybe can find it cheaper.   But all in we believe we can bring this in under 3K a person.  This is the feeler to see how many may want to go. We are thinking Aug 2019 for the tour. I would like to have numbers of those going around Aug 2018.  This make sure we have our spots reserved.   This is just the start more to come!

http://www.royalmototouring.com/leh-ladakh-motorcycle-tours.php

This is what is included with the tour.

- Transfer from airport to town (Manali / or Leh )

- A Royal Enfield Machismo 500cc motorbike for the duration of your trip

-Mechanic and guides

- Support vehicles which are carying:  spare ; bike/parts /gas/tools, mineral water, snacks, al 

- Accommodation (best in area hotels or campings)

- All Food (breakfast, lunch, dinner+ snacks, mineral water and juices on the way)

- Gas (for the bikes and support vehicles for the all the trip)

- First- aid kit with all necessary medicines in the mountains area

- All inner line permits controlled area for Kinnour Valley and around Ladakh

Wacked

Heck yea, I'm in for curry shooters!

I'll reserve a slot

Wacked

greatbuffalo

Same here. We've been talking about this fr too long. Its time we pull the trigger and GO!
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wizard

I talked to Rupesh this morning, and I have a bit of an update on some dates.  We will probably have two dates to choose from the first is June 20th for a start date.  This would be a time where the rainy\snowy season is winding down.  So possible snow on the passes,  And I also have them looking into the dates for Aug.  We will see what works out for those of us going. I am still guessing Aug is preferred.  The guys from the tour company are up on a ride right now and have hit some heavy snow so they are going to get back to us in a few days.  I certainly would like to see the snow on the passes and stuff but I would also like to get in as much riding as possible.
I will get back with dates on here as soon as possible. 

Hank

Are you guys still doing this?

Sent from my Altair 8800

greatbuffalo

I think it will be put on hold for another year. Life has a way of way of getting in the way of plans. This is quite a logistical nightmare as well, especially when trying to do it in two weeks time, limited by vacation time for some.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Wizard

This is toast for this year, graduations wedding, moving, new jobs for some.  Life got in the way.  Looks like we start planning for 2020  :)

Fletch

keep me in the loop, I might be able to make it work.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike