News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

GARMIN INREACH

Started by tannerc, May 30, 2019, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerc

Anyone have a Garmin InReach for sale/rent?  Checking here to see if I can save a few bucks before heading to cabelas. 
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

There is one on advrider, a DeLorme. I think he wants $200 for it. Seems like the going rate when looking around.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/delorme-garmin-inreach-explorer-lower-price.1384188/
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Lonesome Dave

After 6 or 7 years, I'm officially done with SPOT!  I just got a new InReach Mini yesterday.  On sale at Cabella's for $299.  Basically the internet price.  Wacked bought one last summer after spending the night in the trees. (Just had to say that!)  He likes his.  Services are about the same price, but with the new one, I can activate or suspend my service throughout the year.  Plus I now can text messages.  Suspending the service for 6 months of the year I will save enough to pay for the device in about 2 1/2 years.  At least that's how I sold the idea to my wife!

Older - Wiser - Faster !

greatbuffalo

I have been thinking about this as well.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

I got ahold of a inreach SE.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

doug

I have a spot that just sits on a shelf.  Their rate hike hit about the same I was getting divorce poor .

Wacked

InReach Quirk you should know about .......  I didn't!

Just bumped into something this month; if I send a text or Email to someone via inReach, the "message mode" will not pin-point my location for the recipient ..... only send the message. 

Only if I send one of the preset messages, will it pin-point where I'm at and transfer it to an Earthmate app/map for the recipient

Will play with it more over the next month

Wacked