News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

weeknight riding league

Started by Fletch, July 05, 2019, 09:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

from around 2000 to 2012 or so a group of us would ride Thursday nights after work from Piedmont. due to unfortunate events the group fell apart. It was always a great time so thinking of trying to get on started again if there is interest?
We met at the Piedmont lot at 4:30 back in the day but where and when can be worked out if there is interest. In the past we had 10 or so guys with about half showing up on most nights. typically had a beer or two after we got done, but that's optional  ;).
Let me know if you are interested, what days/places would work, etc....
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

Only 487 miles to Piedmont.  I'd be in for a Thursday night ride or two.    ::)

Wacked

Was a Fun but Funky night last night .....

Tried to ride some stuff around Victoria last night with Mike and Arlen ....  It's still WET and there has been some spotty wind/tree issues.

All of us had some slight issues:
-    Arlen couldn't stay upright 100% of the time
-    Brad had to haul out the warrior princess in a truck because her plumbing sprung a leak
-    Mike tuckered himself out trying to navigate the "Pixy Stix Forest"

Yea, it was a great time

You could have been there

Wacked

Fletch

It was a good time. I will work on my rescue party efficiency... ;) ;D

Wacked

Princess-less .....  Ordered parts from Ross.  Think I'll be w/o the Beta for about a week >:(

Fletch

bummer. I can't ride next week, but should be good for the week after.

Wacked

Another good night of riding!  Mike and his buddy flogged me so I was sweating like a pig .....   both Mike and the Princess are waiting for me to "UP" my game.

Trails are in pretty good shape. 

Who's in for next week?

Wacked

Fletch

HAHA.. hard to follow us when we can't stay on the right trail lol...

Fletch

a couple more would really make it fun. anyone????

Wacked

It was a gorgeous night of riding. 

Fletch and I were both unfamiliar with the Schroeder region so decided to explore the single tracks in this area.  2/3 of them were fun and open.  1/3 were still fun but required beating the bikes through dead-fall.  There were a couple of trails where we got denied and had to turn around.

I went down twice and smashed my nuts each time!....   it was still fun ;)

Wacked

Fletch

It was another great night. In the end I think the trees may have won but we will try again next week!

Wacked

I wonder if Fletch is a closet Lumer Jack?!

Wacked

LUMBER JACK!!!!

there will have to be a lot of tree whacking if we're getting back on those trails

Fletch

We can do it.  I'll saw this time

Wacked

I feel kinda sorry for the people that missed last weeks ride .....

Because of some upcoming weekend plans, I couldn't fully prep for a single track flogging with the princess SO ...  Mike and I jumped on the bigger bikes after work for a quick loop, 2-tracking it around Pine Grove/Hippy Hole area.  Great trail conditions.  Made it back by 8:00

Perfect night for riding .......