News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

weeknight riding league

Started by Fletch, July 05, 2019, 09:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

It was great! thanks for showing me places I've never been to.... the rest of you should really consider this, it's pretty fun.... ;)
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Abercrombie

Quote from: Fletch on August 26, 2019, 11:26:47 AM
It was great! thanks for showing me places I've never been to.... the rest of you should really consider this, it's pretty fun.... ;)

Stop rubbing it in.   >:(

Fletch

haha. let me rephrase that: It was great! thanks for showing me places I've never been to.... the rest of you LOCAL PEOPLE should really consider this, it's pretty fun.... ;)

any better ??

locopny

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Wacked

Well, screw it then!

Jeff, Fletch, and I going to ride the Bogus Jim area this Thursday night.  The weather will be perfect; the trails will be fun.  We will POP out of the trees about 8pm with big ass grins on our face!   :evil

Wacked

Fletch

locopny

Quote from: Wacked on August 27, 2019, 06:05:05 PM

Well, screw it then!

haha

you with all your beautiful weather and trails... I can ride around some gravel path around here and pretend the tall grass is a tree forest.

yeah...totally makes you jealous doesn't it...?

8)
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Fletch

Another great night! a little blood sweat and tears (OK, maybe no tears) and we made it out of the woods just at dark. I'm a little sore this morning from a minor fall, Brad saw the whole thing I'm sure it was entertaining.. who's in for next week?

Wacked

Yea - I lied a little bit on the last post. 

Said that we'd come out of the woods with big-ass-grins on our faces.........    for a couple of us, those grins left our faces and are probably somewhere in our gut. 

First part of the night was stellar.   Then, I got insistent that we do a trail that had kicked Jeff's and my butt earlier this spring.  This time I brought the little bike and wanted to teach that trail a lesson.  This trail can be a rocky son-of-a-gun and has a big sweeping curve that made us turn around last time.  This same spot proved to be a challenge again.  After some offs/wounds/recoveries, we found ourselves close to twight with no option but to keep going and get out of there ASAP - no breaks; no stopping to lick our wounds - nothing like navigating a single track with about 25% light and quickly fading

We made it - barely.  Not sure if we kicked the trail's butt or if it kicked ours.

I'm dense in the head - kinda like it - and will probably do it again next week.

Fletch

you too can join in on this weeks fun!! stay tuned for details.......

Wacked

Due to the weather this week, Fletch and I road today (Sat) from mid-afternoon and into the evening.  The weather was PERFECT!  Trails were in good shape.

Explored some new 2-track around slate creek dam that was fun - it was rougher with a lot of whoopties - come on guys, that's a trail term isn't it?   Then cut across to do single-track 6936 and rode that in it's entirety. 

After we popped out of the track it was time to get home before the sun went down.  We rode as fast as I could (Mike casually cruised on my tail) up Mystic, across Slate Creek, and back to the trucks

The highlight was ripping around a corner just east of Slate Creek dam and spooking a Big Nasty Ass Mountain Lion who didn't want anything to do with dirt bikes.  Mike and I watched him head up the hill for 5-6 seconds.

Fletch

It was a great afternoon of riding and the Mt. Lion was defiantly the highlight!! Although that never ending hill climb was pretty good too!

also staying on your tail was far from a casual effort....lol

Kevin

Wishing I live closer to the action!!! 
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Fletch

I think the days are getting short enough that the after work rides are about done for the year. Still some nice weekends left though so if anyone is interested let me know.

We shall try again in the spring for the weeknights.

TooTall

Fletch,  would love to join you for a weekend ride.

TooTall  (Ron)