News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

single track this weekend?

Started by Fletch, July 10, 2019, 07:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Plans have changed, not going to make it down this weekend.  Catch you next time.
Look ahead and you'll shred...

Fletch

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

gerry1eye

Mike, I've got my 22 year old/new kdx220 plated, lighted and running. I think the bike is ready for dirt and needs some breaking in, hopefully not breaking down. If your interested in some easy single track Saturday morning, I'm ready to see if my old body can keep up?

PS Lonesome Dave, you created my dilemma of wanting play like a teenager in old age, maybe you should come show me how single track is done?   

fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

Fletch

this Saturday (tomorrow)?? sounds good to me!  we could meet at sugar shack and do that stuff south of there, it's nice.

gerry1eye

Does 9 am Saturday 6/6 at Sugar Shack work? 

Fletch

Fletch

Thanks for the ride Gerry.  Had a great time.   

Fletch

anybody up for some single track this weekend? I need to do a little scouting for the rally.

gerry1eye

Quote from: Fletch on June 06, 2020, 07:11:21 PM
Thanks for the ride Gerry.  Had a great time.   
Time to come clean about my 3 hour 25 mile Saturday singletrack ride. I started racing Enduro's and Motocross 50 years ago and for about the next 15 years, I did a couple hundred races. In my brain, I'm an A class rider and in my current aged body I'm more of a D class veteran. I struggled with some of the single track rocky hills and after a high side get off - landing hard on my back, I'm thinking what the heck am I doing out here? Crash does not rank up there with my many near death experiences, however I did see an angle on a hill top! Singletrack is a lot tougher than 2 track dualsport.
Thanks to Mike for getting bike up the hill, he is a true lumberjack Mountain of a man in the woods. Needless to say I went home with may aches and pains. Saturday nite I drank a bottle of rust remover to ease the swelling and later woke up puking tequila. Been watching late night tv and think I've found the fountain of youth, ordered some beet juice and Arthritis Pain cream. Went for a 15 mile ride last night and my hand/wrists are still cramping and knees scream when I try to stand, but feeling better.

Mike, If no one else is interested on riding with you saturday the 13th, I might be.
I've been looking at maps and would like to ride from Sugar Shack over to Pilot Knob, take 8089 to single track 8575 and then up to Roubaix lake. I kinda remember riding this single track a few years ago and thinking it was an easy trail? Can anybody confirm trail 8575 difficulty?

TooTall

Rode 8575 from the Sugar Shack thru the moon rocks on Monday.  Trail was all good but many new logs down from the winds earlier this week.  Couple hills getting dug out with many loose rocks but rideable.

Mike, I may be able to join you on Saturday.  Depends on a mother-in-law visit.

NDave

Gerry my guess is you saw a angel on the hilltop  it could have been a angle.  Hey brad if I don't get some parts I might have to buy old yeller just to have scooter to ride. 

sprout

I might be there. Mike has trouble shakin me. Not sure yet if i'll make it, but i enjoy chasin him 8)

Fletch

I always enjoy riding with you.