News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

2019 Fall Rally Sign-up

Started by Hank, July 16, 2019, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

**INFO provided by WACKED (Thanks!!)**

The 2019 Dakota Dual Sport Riders June rally will once again be held in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!  Camping will be at the Crazy Horse Campground on the north side of Custer SD:

Custer Crazy Horse Campground - 605/517-0213 - address is 1116 N. 5th St. Custer SD  57730
....  ask for Dani or Twyla, they are very accomodating ladies; Tell them you are with the DDSR enduro riders group ....

Dates are September 19-22nd, 2019.  You can arrive anytime after 1:00pm on Thursday, September 19th, departing on Sunday, Sept. 22nd, Weather? - Who knows.....   elevation is at least 1000' feet higher than Rapid City.  So, if you are basing the temps on Rapid weather, guess 1 zone colder.  This campground is on the northern border of Custer the town on 385 (I have no idea why their formal address in on 5th but it works.)

Entry Fee: FREE!
Camping: Tents - We've reserved 5-6 tent sites    /   RV Sites - We've reserved 5-6    /   Cabins - 4-5
There are likely more available if we need them, but these reserved ones are down in the Meadow and are grouped together nicely so we can hang as a group and tell tall tales by the campfire.

The rally is open to any and all skill levels of riders with any motorcycle that is street legal in SD (doesn't take much: headlight, taillight & license plate is about it).  All attempts will be made to keep the amount of pavement on our rides to a minimum, but it is a necessary evil in the Black Hills to get from one trail to another sometimes.

Rides can range from gravel/easy fire roads to rocks to single track to really gnarly rocks & single track, hillclimbs, etc.  There will be something for everybody!

The Crazy Horse CG has full showers, real bathrooms (with sinks & mirrors!), a general store (with beer).  There is NO restaurant on premises BUT Custer (the town) is just 4 blocks down the hill complete with brewery, grocery store, gas, and several places to eat.

Electricity is available to charge cell phones, iPods, etc., however it is outside, so use at your own risk!

Firewood can be brought in

Limited food will be provided, but plan on fending for yourself during the day.
- Organized food TBA

Cars, trucks & bike trailers will have room to park, but could be a ways away from your campsite.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DISCLAIMER:
Anyone attending this event, does so at their own risk. Hank, Great Buffalo, Lonesome Dave, Piglet, any other DDSR member, the FnF campground or ANYONE BESIDES YOU will not be held responsible for injury to yourself, your bike or gear! Now, let's get out and RIDE THE HILLS!!  P.S. No helicopters allowed!  :-)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FISHING: Fishing is allowed along the creek running into and out of their little stock pond at FnF, and a fishing license is not required.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PERMITS: Don't forget, permits are now required to ride off-road (on trails designated 'TR' on the new MVU Map) in the Black Hills National Forest. Link Below:

Permits Here! https://blackhillsparks.org/shop/atv-permits/black-hills-national-forest-annual-motorized-trail-permits/

Copy and paste the below form in your reply to sign up:

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:
DATE ARRIVING:
DATE LEAVING:
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Wacked

Crazy Horse Campground
Custer
September 19-22

Be There!
[/size]

tannerc

Nice! Our ride dates line up! I am hosting an ADVRider gathering again on the same weekend. https://advrider.com/f/threads/black-hills-september-19th-21st-2019.1363643/
We usually have 6+ riders out to play around on the single track. Will have to try and get the groups together one of the days. We might have a rider or three that may want to link up for some easier exploring.
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

ADV Piglet

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Stacy & Pete
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2
DATE ARRIVING: Friday morning
DATE LEAVING: Sunday
TENT OR RV: cabin

Wacked

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Wacked / Brad
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 2 + the nasty beast dog
DATE ARRIVING: 9/19
DATE LEAVING: 9/22
TENT OR RV:
SIZE OF RV: 23' hippy van
NUMBER OF TENTS:

sandhillrider

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:   Mark & Bonnie  (Sandhillrider)
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  2
DATE ARRIVING: 9/19
DATE LEAVING:  9/23
TENT OR RV:  RV
SIZE OF RV: 34
NUMBER OF TENTS:  0

Abercrombie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE:  (Abercrombie) / Kevin, (mseabs436) / Mike,  my son Jordan
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:  3
DATE ARRIVING:  19th
DATE LEAVING:  22nd
TENT OR RV:  We'll be keeping track of you-all with a bird's eye view looking down from the Deck House.
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Edit: We are out for the fall rally.  I'm hoping for better luck next year since this year has been bull shit!

Leo FishBear

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Michael Shane.
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:1
DATE ARRIVING:Friday 
DATE LEAVING:Sunday
SIZE OF RV:
NUMBER OF TENTS:
I've No idea where I'm going, That's no reason to be late.

greatbuffalo

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Greatbuffalo / Zippopodamus
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY: 3, 2 riders
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday
DATE LEAVING: Sunday

Well I finally got stuff figured out. Not dragging my RV the 1300 miles round trip this time. Much easier to trailer the bikes behind the car.

Hoping for good weather and great riding

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

grubbie

NAME/INTERNET HANDLE: Rob
NUMBER IN YOUR PARTY:2
DATE ARRIVING: Thursday evening 
DATE LEAVING: Monday
TENT OR RV: RV
SIZE OF RV: It's not about the size,
NUMBER OF TENTS:

Wacked

FALL RALLY - 2 WEEKS OUT!

By my count, we should have apx 24 people showing up for Rally -

This includes 3-4 non-riders (spouses) and a couple of people coming but just haven't checked in on the DDSR site.

Lonesome is running out a route today with a  couple of WI buddies

Should be a good time!

sandhillrider

Looks like there are 4 or 5 from the Nebraska Dual Sport Riders coming to that haven't checked in here.

Wacked

Abercrombie

Well it looks like life just threw Mike, Jordan and I, three different curve balls all at the same time.  The Fargo Fire Fighter's contingent is out for the Fall Rally. 

You guys have some safe fun while I'm assisting my mother at the Mayo clinic in Rochester.

Lonesome Dave

I don't think anybody from Omaha is coming.  Of the five, Mark and I are counted and the other three was a mistake.  According to Chip, they will just be getting back from CO and won't be here.  Two guys from Omaha that Brad has been talking with might be coming.
Older - Wiser - Faster !