News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Joni

Started by Hank, July 22, 2019, 04:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank

I'm sure some of you remember and rode with Joni McCue.     I see on Facebook that she passed away on July 8.

:(   That sucks.

Wacked

No Way!   She Truly love the sport of Motorcycling

I remember when she went way out of her way to get an autograph from Malcolm Smith one fall when we were up at Nemo riding. 

Bummer ......

jacin theis

That does suck. Do you have any details? She was a great lady.
Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

Hank

Her obit just said natural causes at home.

Sent from my Altair 8800

greatbuffalo

Was not the healthiest of people. That is very sad news.

I remember her trying so hard to stay to stay at it but finally realised it she couldn't. It bothered her badly.  :(
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Hank

I dug a bit deeper into her FB profile and a friend of hers posted that she died of heart failure in her sleep.

jacin theis

Thanks Hank for the info. I had contacted her a couple years ago on my way through Omaha, but we didn't get to meet. She was a great lady who made our rides interesting. I think it was at Pilot Knob that she stopped, stepped in a hole and her and the bike ended up way down the slope. But as someone said she seemed to have terrible health and luck. You old people are depressing..... ;)

Whos in for a big trip? Alsaka? Moab (again)? Baja?
1100 GS

loingrader

Wow, that sucks.  Saw her several times working the gun counter at the La Vista Cabela's.  Her hot rod KLX300 is sitting in my garage.  What a fun gal.  RIP Joni.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime - Burt Munro