News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

What Was Your Most Memorable Adventure Ride?

Started by Wacked, August 26, 2019, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Let us know what it was so we can live vicariously?!     Come on.......

Fletch

Hard to pick just one. a few days riding the passes around Ouray, CO with my wife was pretty fun. she's either trusts me more than she should or there is something wrong with her brain? she had to hop off and walk a few times on Imogene pass due to some rocky sections and she had to walk the last 75' on Ophir pass because I spun out. but the most memorable was when my rear brake faded into uselessness and I hit the kill switch and used the clutch for rear braking. It lacked feel so it was typically rolling or locked up not much in between, she really didn't like that!  eventually she bummed a ride in a side by side and I met her at the bottom of the hill. All in all it was a great time. We are hoping to go back one of these days.

as far as trips in general there are several memorable ones:
SD to Daytona for bike week on a Nighthawk S (yes we left SD in feb.)
crossing the bighorns on my CBR954 in the snow/ice
some road east of crater lake where we went 120mph for an hour
hells canyon, OR on a solo trip
the iron butt attempt derailed by a Hooters lunch

there are so many but they are really best told over an adult beverage.

stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

My first rally with this bunch of ingrates.

I guess I have misinterpreted what the term meant to group, so I showed up on an 01 Triumph tiger. In many circles that was an adventure bike/big dualsport. So when I arrived I was invited for an "easy" ride up to the railroad grade after terrential down pours. I was riding WWRs, KTM 450s, KLRs and other bikes meant for the terrain. That first ride had an effort from 6 middle aged guys lifting a near 600 lb machine over a fallen tree and mud.

Then the next day I was talked into riding the big pig up the backside of Bear Mountain. It'll be fine I was told.

Understand I also was running 60/40 tires. The rain poured down again over night so the trail was covered with snot. It will be okay they said. I think the Tiger went down 6 or 7 times that day, mostly at very slow speed. I did make it to the top.

All in all it was a great weekend. Haven't missed one since.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Bogus Jim

Quote from: greatbuffalo on August 27, 2019, 08:49:32 PM
So when I arrived I was invited for an "easy" ride up to the railroad grade after terrential down pours.

I remember that ride! and the log crossing too. First time I'd seen tire smoke from a tree instead of pavement.  ;D