News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Argyle/Pringle Loop

Started by Wacked, August 31, 2019, 09:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacked

Got a USFS map and sketched out a route for the Fall Rally.   Haven't spent much time in this area so I just picked the most squiggly lines.  Went down to Custer and met up with Dave and Gerry to physically scout out this "map theory".

Started out on about 10 miles of skinny gravel; pretty but not too exciting.  In my mind, I was questioning the viability of this route.  Took a turn when the GPS said go right and WHAM - sweet mother load of 2-track.   

There's some fun trails down there.  Went way South.  Weather was great.  Had to pop out and swing up to Pringle and beat-foot back B4 it got too late.

This will be a re-run at the Rally

greatbuffalo

Sounds like fun

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

locopny

Do you have tracks of this or general route #'s? 
Got my mind wandering.  Sorta depending how we spend Dana's 10 days.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

Wacked

The answer is Yes .... I run 2 Iphones with Avenza; one is for navigating and the other for keeping the track.  I looked into it a bit but haven't sorted out a platform or way to share tracks on Avenza.

Since I'm not smart enough to transfer the route on some platform, that makes this a general route to ride.  It would be big bike friendly barring any random mud holes.  The AT would like that route

Wacked

locopny

That's good because I'm sure I'd download or upload or reload it wrong.
I'm decent with a map and getting better with Avenza mapping.
Snow yesterday makes me wonder just how Dana is gonna appreciate any ride we get in the AT. 
But still is some route I'd like to explore with the Twin.  Solo ride off bike tenting? Or does put in close to a hotel if I burn lots of highway getting there?
Shoot me some road numbers if you can sometime.
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!