News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Discussion on Spring Rally June 18- 21, 2020

Started by greatbuffalo, September 24, 2019, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

Terry - Thursday sounds good I have a couple things to do right away in the morning but should be free by10:00? I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.

Dave - Thanks for the technical assistance.

All - the map is my intended routes for Friday and Saturday, both make for a pretty decent day. As mentioned there are multiple places to bail out whenever you've had enough. Don't be fooled by the shorter looking route Saturday as it is more technical and not much for connector roads so it will be a full day if you want it to be. I would recommend downloading the black hills MVUM maps (Not the recreation map), just so you have it. I prefer AVENZA but whatever works for you. Hope to see a decent group for both days!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

Wacked

AVENZA - What Mike said!

Get it downloaded.   In the past, some of ya'll have been hesitant to put this on your phone.

BUT, if you get separated from the group (which has happened) or you need to bail before the group is done riding, this app will get you back to civilization.  Some of the trail systems are really entangled and it's easy to spin circles until you run outta gas or daylight.  There is no cell coverage in a lot of places but your GPS will still function. 

You will need at least MVUM Mystic and MVUM Northern Hills

greatbuffalo

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

it will work on an old phone even if it isn;t connected as well. I have an old I-phone on my 300 running the AVENZA app. In case you don;t want to risk your "good phone" getting damaged.

IYAAYAS

Fletch - I'd like to jump.on your Friday ride if you have the room.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Fletch

TooTall

Mike, planning on joining you Friday if I survive a root canal on Thursday.

Ron

tannerc

Anyone planning on getting trail passes in the next couple days that could grab 3 extra.? I'm sure it'll be dark by the time we get to rapid Thursday night and my usual source is going to be outa town. 
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

greatbuffalo

I believe you could grab the trail passes at Steel Wheel or whatever that convenience store is just down the road in the morning.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

tannerc

Perfect, I did not know they sold them anywhere else besides the bhnf visitors centers.  That's even handier!
"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

Fletch

Single track Thursday 10:30 @ sugar shack lot. Friday and Saturday 9:30 at the sugar shack lot. hope to see you there!

tannerc

I'll make one of those single days, probably friday. Got the wife to bring the 250x, she respectfully declined the saturday singletrack invite.  ;D ;D ;D

Fletch

what's she thinking?? we could do the moonrocks if that will change her mind?

tannerc

I'll mention it to her. I mean she has a superior to the xt single track machine now. It should all be easier.

Fletch

exactly! none of us will be able to keep up now...