News:

Come on, summer...

Main Menu

Discussion on Spring Rally June 18- 21, 2020

Started by greatbuffalo, September 24, 2019, 10:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatbuffalo

Spring rally was the discussion of many people on Sunday. The general consensus to try to find a different place for next spring. With the Chambers of Commerce doing a better job at filling the calendars before Memorial Day and after Labor Day its become harder and harder to find a place to book late as has been our norm in the past. We are finding that the earlier we start the better our chances to find a place. So, I was handed the task to look into a couple of places.

Today I visited with Julie at Trails Head Lodge on Hwy 85 on the way from Lead to Wyoming. Here is the scoop that has a few concessions. These are the facts with no other commentary. We also discussed a 10% discount on all prices. You cane visit their website at : http://www.trailsheadlodge.com/

As of now they are wide open. One issue may be that they set of National Forest land and was told that NO open fires are permitted except for gas. There are gas pumps on site.

These are the facts with no other commentary

Cabins, 7 of them. Each has seating area and bathroom. No kitchenette as cabins are not wired well enough to support appliances. There are gas heaters in them. Bedding and towels are provided.

- 2 Large cabins, sleep 8 total. One private bedroom with a queen and loft with 3 queens. Regular price is $225 per night for 4 people and $25 each person after that.

- 5 small cabins, sleep 6. One private bedroom with a queens and a loft with 2 queens. Regular price in $150 per night for 2 people and $25 each person after that.

Studio Apt. is above the main business building. Has 3 Queen beds and does have a kitchen

Tents can set up in a flat area adjacent to the cabins but must limit vehicles in that area as its also the leach field for the cabins. I am assured that its very dry. There is a single bathroom with shower that is accessible and close to this area.
Tents could also use the open field across the Hwy and vehicles are permitted there.
Cost of camping is $20 per night.

RVs
The only space they have for RVs is an open gravel lot behind the storage building and they have 6, 20 amp circuits. This means that if its warm and you want to run AC, you'll have to have a generator. There is plenty of space for the RVs that we would have I think, My estimate was 8, but please inform me if I'm way off. No other hook ups except for the 6 minimal power taps.
Price is $20 per night without power, $30 with power.

There is a restaurant on site that serves 3 meals a day and a bar. The restaurant is quite large with plenty of space for our morning meetings.

Let the discussion begin.

I will be visiting Wild Bills shortly and will post my findings on that visit this evening.
Did I ever tell you: " I HATE MUD!" ?

Fletch

If wild Bills is decent it would provide great access to trails, it is just down the road from Fish-n-fry on thet road to Galena.
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

greatbuffalo

Okay, Talked to Wild Bills today. They are mostly wide open.

Cabins, 7 of them
Camper/sleeper cabins. sleeps 4 to 6 depending on how cozy you are. These are $70 a night for 2 people and $8  for extra people. Need to bring bedding. No bathrooms
they have two full amenity cabins but those are already booked.

RVs 25 sites with full hookup, 30 or 50 amp, $34 and $38 respective of power needs.

Tenting is $23 - $25  a night for 2, $5 each additional

Restaurant is on site but does not do breakfast. I asked if breakfast could be arranged and he stated they did that another time for an ATV group where they said 20 people would show up but only 5 or less did. He said if we could guarantee 15 to 20 each morning they would consider it.

There ya go...... discuss.

Lonesome Dave

Thanks, Danny Boy!

One question, after visiting both places and seeing what they offer for our group, what is your gut feeling about which one.
Older - Wiser - Faster !

gerry1eye

Wild Bill sounds good. I think we should book it.
We could always ride down to fish an fry for breakfast- ha ha.
fearless to fear of falling - warranty has expired.

grubbie

Wouldn't necessarily need a restaurant for breakfast. A decent sized portable griddle, some scrambled eggs and a toaster and breakfast is served. That would keep it simple and easy, just my .02. Out of those two choices, I like Wild Bill's as long as the tent sites are on high ground.

NDave

wild Bills sounds like the best fit.  Thanks Dan for your work.   Also thanks For the great food in Custer.   Thanks LeAnn for the great B and B even those interesting brownes.  very good rally even if I did'nt see a rattlesnake, get bit in the ass by a dog or have a flat tire.

Wacked

I know about the snake and flat tire, but who got ass bit?

greatbuffalo

Okay, Wild Bills it is. Get your reservations in early. Will call them tomorrow.

Hank if you could start a 2020 spring and fall rally thread it would be appreciated. Thanks

Fletch

I'm gonna make it one of these years!
stupid is my middle name, but my first name is Mike

grubbie

I think we had 3 flat tires this year, Wacked, Sprout, and LD

locopny

hoping I can make it out for spring. 
87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

I should add that the dates will be June 18 - 21 of June.

locopny

87 XL600R 89 CBR600R
'17 CRF1000L
When can I go riding again? Crashing sucks!

greatbuffalo

Yes, I meant to put link in but I guess it slipped my mind

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk